Henckel or Sabatier Knives

cc

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
Anyone have any experience with the S series from Henckel or the
sabatier Grand Chef knives? Santuko or chefs knife.

Robert W. Keereweer

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, it was written:

: Anyone have any experience with the S series from Henckel or the

: sabatier Grand Chef knives? Santuko or chefs knife.

:
:
I use the S series and am very happy with them. Them again, I
enjoy working with any knive that is made from German steel.

<*>

Chop, chop.

<!-- Cyber Chef Cook Book -->
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~chef

James Bolster

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
I use the Henckel Pro S series knives and couldn't be happier with them,
especially the 8inch Chefs knife. Just make sure that you buy a steel and
use it every time you use the knife. Henckel also puts out a video about
their knives starring Burt Wolf. Very informative. I got mine at Bed, Bath &
Beyond for $1 (The video that is).

Robert W. Keereweer

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, James Bolster wrote:

: I use the Henckel Pro S series knives and couldn't be happier with them,

: >
:
I would love to see that video. My collection includes the 8, 10
and 12 inch chef's knives, but I am most happy with their boneing knife.

<*>

You get what you pay for

cc

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Thanks all. I just had a chance to try out the 6" santuko from
kyocera. I was a little iffy about the ceramic knives, but man, it was
sooooo sweet. Too bad they go for $120. Lots of myths behind the
knife, which I found to be untrue, but takes a lot of money. Wish I
had some opinion obout the sabatier, because I've tried the henckel,
but nobobdy seems to have a sabatier demo. Oh well, thanks all, esp.
robert. Happy cooking

Static I

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
>"Kevin" ki...@netscape.net
>Date: 4/6/00 2:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>Have you tried the Wusthof Classic knives? They have the same handle shape
>as the Henckels Pro "S" knives. They have a different balance to them than
>the Henckels, you might like it. Also have you checked out Global knives?
>They're cheaper than both the Henckels and Wusthof knives, but there's no
>drop off in quality. They're sharper too! After trying out all three
>brands I decided to get Globals, and should receive them today. Here's a
>couple links to places online that sell knives:
>www.mastergrinding.com They have the best prices I've seen anywhere, 30%
>off retail. Free shipping on orders over $100. I ordered my Global's from
>them, but they carry many brands including Wusthof and Henckels. I don't
>know if they carry Sabatier.
>
>www.cutlery.com
>
>www.cookswares.com
>
>www.cutleryandmore.com
>

>-Kevin

Yes, I've always read that it's between Wustof and Sebatier. I had no idea
Henckels was even in the running.

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Wusthoff vs Sabatier, acutally, I have heard that Henckel supposed "is not
in the
same league," but that might be an exaggeration (can't say for sure, because
I haven't
used the sabatier/wustoff). However, I have also heard from some folk that
wusthoff
and sabatier are a bit better than henckel. Darn, if only some folk had some
wusthoff
and sabatier . . . .Oh well, you guys have been great. I'm leaning to
Sabatier . . . but
thats just to be different :) However, I'm a little dubious about buying a
knife I
haven't even tried, considering its $70, but oh well, I'm buying this
weekend, so I'll
let everyone know. Thanks again!
"Static I" <sta...@aol.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
I agree from everything I've read Henckels isn't quite as good as Wusthof.
Of course we're talking about Henckels Four Star, Five Star or Pro "S"
knives, the the cheap ones they make like the Eversharp which definitely
aren't in the same league.
I'd still suggest you check out the Global knives. I got mine yesterday
and they are awesome! If you read up about them, you'll find that they're
sharper than any other kitchen knives. They're great at holding an edge, in
fact you can't use a regular steel to maintain them because the metal is too
hard. You have to use a ceramic "steel" or a diamond steel to maintain
them. And if you want to be different, well take a look at them they don't
look like most kitchen knives. Here's a link with a picture of the Global
Santoku knife: http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=135736
The main thing is just to choose the knife that feels the best in your hand.
Each brand and line has a different feel and different weighting to it. For
instance the Henckels Four Star chef knife is weighted towards the blade
while the Wusthof Grand Prix is more balaced between the handle blade, the
Grand Prix is also heavier than the Henckels. Anyway happy shopping and let
us know what you decide.

-Kevin

Leonard Lehew

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
On Tue, 04 Apr 2000 08:28:01 GMT, cc wrote:

>Anyone have any experience with the S series from Henckel or the
>sabatier Grand Chef knives? Santuko or chefs knife.

I own Henckels, Wusthof, and Sabatier knives. Then Henckels and
Wusthof knives are stainless. Both are excellent, but I slightly
prefer the Wusthof Grand Prix series knives. The Sabatier knives I
have are carbon steel (not the Grand Chef series, "au carbone," I
think). These are superb knives and take and hold an edge better than
stainless. However, they do tarnish and require a bit of extra care.

The Sabatier knives are shaped differently than the others. For
example, the chef's knife is a bit narrower.

I strongly recommend that you go to a store where you can handle the
knives you are considering. All of these companies make superb
cutlery. Once you have made the decision to buy good quality cutlery,
the brand is not as important as is the balance, feel, and weight in
relation to how you use them.

Leonard

Md. Imtiaz mahi

Sep 27, 2022, 2:53:20 PM9/27/22
what is the differences between sabatier and henckel? can any one help me?