Hugh carpenter’s Chinese chicken sa

Gina Burrell

Jul 25, 2022, 1:59:22 PM7/25/22
1 lb cooked chicken shredded (use a roasted chicken to save time….he does)
6 cups lettuce geeens
1 cup toasted slivered l almonds
2 small scallions thinly sliced
16 won ton skins
2 oz rice sticks
2 cups flavorless cooking oil

DRESSING
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup,thin soy sauce
1/4 cup,chopped preserved red sweet ginger in syrup (this is the key to the dressing. You MUST use Mee Chun Canning Co. Ltd. Brand
174 cup,syurup from red sweet ginger in syrup
3 Tbl. Dark sesame oil (I don’t use this s I feel,it overpowers the flavor)
1 Tbl. Hoisin sauce (only use Koon Chun…the best)
2 tsp. Asian chili sauce
1/4 cup,fine.y minced ginger
1 Tbl. Grated lemon skin
1 tsp. Grated orange skin

( I always double or even triple the dressing, because it stays FOREVER in the fridge, bc of all the sugar.)

Prepare chicken. Cut won tons into 1/2” strips. Heat oil in a 10 inch frying pan until a won ton strip,when added, skips across the surface. Fry won tons until golden. Place them in a paper bag and ross them around so paper absorbs the oí. I actually the. Change them to a clean bag to remove lol the excess oil. You will do this also with the rice sticks. The. Take the rice sticks. Break the rice sticks up in a paper bag or they will fly all,over the place. Increase heat by a little until when you put a strip,of rice sticks I. The oil, they expand immediately. Fry in small batches, turn them over, press down and make sure they all have expanded, then remove to a paper bag..repeating what you did with the won tons.
Combine salad dressing.
Combine chicken and greens in bowl. Add dressing, add won tons and rice sticks. Gently toss with your hands. Add Al’s ones and onions and serve at once. * I like to add chopped cilantro to mine as well.
ENJOY!!!!