Canadian Living Holiday Best 2002: Earl Grey Cookies; Lime Wafers

已查看 13 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

*ottermum*

未读,
2002年9月30日 10:56:572002/9/30
收件人
Earl Grey Cookies

Normally, tea is served along with cookies, but both are combined in this
buttery cookie. If you don't have loose tea, empty Earl Grey tea bags.

1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp fine Earl Grey tea leaves
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup apricot or other jam

Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease.

In bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy, beat in egg and
vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, tea and salt; stir into
butter mixture just until combined. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Roll level tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of the dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls;
place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared pans. Using tip of wooden spoon
handle, make indentation in centre of each cookie almost to bottom.

Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350'F (180'C) oven, rotating and switching
pans halfway through, until light golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to
racks. (Make- ahead: Let cool. Layer between waxed paper in airtight
container and store at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to
2 weeks.)

Spoon 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the jam into centre of each cookie. Let cool
completely. Makes about 54 cookies.

Per Cookie: about 76 Cal, 1 g pro, 4 o total fat (2 g sat. fat), 11 g carb,
trace fibre, 13 mg chol, 48 mg sodium. % RD]: 2% iron, 3% vit A, 4% folate.

Lime Wafers

Sweet yet tangy, these tea cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth delight thanks
to an icing sugar coating. Chill dough logs until firm, rolling occasionally
to keep round.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
3 tbsp grated lime rind
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar

In bowl, beat butter with granulated sugar until light and fluffy; beat in
eggs, 1 at a time, rind and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together flour,
baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture in 2 additions.

Divide dough into thirds. Place each on sheet of waxed paper; using paper
as guide, roll into 10-inch (25 cm) long log. Wrap in the waxed paper,
twisting ends to seal. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. (Make-ahead:
Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3
weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing and
baking.)

Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease. Cut dough into
1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices; place 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on prepared pans.
Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350'F (180'C) oven, rotating and switching
pans halfway through, until golden, 12 to 14 minutes.

Spread icing sugar in shallow pan. While cookies are still hot, dip in icing
sugar to coat both sides. Transfer to racks and let cool. Coat again with
icing sugar. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container
and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Makes about 96 cookies. PER COOKIE: about 33 cal, trace pro, 1 g total fat
(1 g sat. fat), 5 g carb, trace fibre, 6 mg chol, 28 mg sodium.

--
Jeannette
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ottermum*

未读,
2002年9月30日 11:12:192002/9/30
收件人
My pleasure! I made sure that they weren't posted already- this time! I
thought you might have beat me to it! :D The magazine this year looks really
good. I just have to get enthusiasm for baking. I'm hunting for nut free
cookie and bar recipes, and I'm getting frustrated! I can't find one that
the kids will eat, that doesn't have chocolate, and is simple. Argh. I think
I'm making ANZAC cookies instead.

--
Jeannette
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gramma <grammas...@nursinghome.com> wrote in message

> "*ottermum*" <ottermu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Earl Grey Cookies
> >

> thanks for your canadian living recipes today jeannette ... there are some
> real 'winnters here'
> ~gramma

minnie

未读,
2002年9月30日 11:31:192002/9/30
收件人
> My pleasure! I made sure that they weren't posted already- this time! I
> thought you might have beat me to it! :D The magazine this year looks
really
> good. I just have to get enthusiasm for baking. I'm hunting for nut free
> cookie and bar recipes, and I'm getting frustrated! I can't find one that
> the kids will eat, that doesn't have chocolate, and is simple. Argh. I
think
> I'm making ANZAC cookies instead.
>
> --
> Jeannette

What kind you looking for (bars that is :-)
I must have something that will fit the bill ;-)

--
Nancy {:-)
There's nothing better than a good friend,

*ottermum*

未读,
2002年9月30日 13:44:192002/9/30
收件人
I'm not sure, I've just been browsing my printouts from the NG- everything
that looks really good has nuts as a key ingredient. Darn the nut-free
school policy! :D I made the ANZAC cookies, but I turned them into bars as
they are just too crumbly to smoosh together into a cookie shape. My luck
the kids won't eat them.

Anything you have that's nut free is great, I just print them out and put
them into the "nut-free" section of my binder (Again, I must point out that
Tim says anything I make cannot be nut free as I have touched it. What a
guy.).

--
Jeannette
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I bake, therefore I am.
"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" - Cookie Monster
"Share and enjoy."

minnie <cnvanes...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

hahabogus

未读,
2002年10月3日 11:37:372002/10/3
收件人
"*ottermum*" <ottermu...@hotmail.com> wrote in

Perhaps the Robin hood site? www.robinhood.ca
Lots of bars and cookies in their recipe section.

--
Defender of the Beet.

*ottermum*

未读,
2002年10月3日 13:02:102002/10/3
收件人
Thanks! :D

--
Jeannette
I bake, therefore I am.
"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" - Cookie Monster
"Share and enjoy."

hahabogus <n...@applicable.com> wrote in message

russlync...@gmail.com

未读,