Lord Lucan/Shand Kydd

banana

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...

what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
sister?
--
banana

Trevjon

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Who, besides you, gives a toss?

Lord Lucan came up as a "joke" in the "who was the man in the car" thread.
It was never meant to be taken seriously.

You really do need to lighten up you know.

tab1

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00
Trevjon wrote:

> "banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...
> >
> > what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
> > mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
> > sister?

I think that does it for me.

> Who, besides you, gives a toss?

Amen!

> Lord Lucan came up as a "joke" in the "who was the man in the car" thread.
> It was never meant to be taken seriously.
>
> You really do need to lighten up you know.

Sadly, banana sees connections and conspiracies everywhere. So he can't
lighten up as that may mean he is falling into some trap set by the power
company on his little island. And;
What with the anniversary of the tunnel accident/job rapidly approaching,
time for me to find some intellectual challenge in other places before
we get too close to that date.
BTW Trev, I am looking for a piece of Brit kit not shown in BDEC, so I
will E-Mail to see if the item is in your sphere.

So, bye for now... But remember, there are still silent watchers here,
noting what you say, and the risks you may pose.

tab1

Aleeta E. Johnson

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00

http://members.delphi.com/ALEETA
"tab1" <sch...@g-net.net> wrote in message

Question? What is the BDEC?
And next, who are these silent watchers you speak of?

Aleeta

> tab1

Gethryn.stone

Aug 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/13/00

banana <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...
>
> what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
> mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
> sister?
> --
> banana

I have wondered about this for some time.The name Shand cropped up in a book
I was reading about Alice Keppel and I thought it might be the same family.
I remember the murder vividly and seeing a documentary about this affair and
how all his rich friends threw a blanket around what had happened and where
he had gone. The chap who did the documentary believed he had been spirited
away across the channel in a boat supplied by ( and this is only hearsay)
Shand-Kydd.. The gist of it all is when one of their own is threatened or
needs help these aristocrats close ranks and you had better be on their
side.Charles had all his safe houses for him and Camilla till it didn't
matter anymore and she just took up residence in Highgrove while Diana was
still alive. I believe these two men must be related but I am not sure just
how to check it out at present. Camilla's surname is Shand.
Gethryn

banana

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
In article <8n60cp$mll$1...@plutonium.btinternet.com>, posted to
alt.conspiracy.princess-diana and stamped at '12:17:52' on 'Sun, 13 Aug

2000', Trevjon <tre...@nospambtinternet.com> writes:

>"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...
>>
>> what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
>> mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
>> sister?
>

>Who, besides you, gives a toss?

What's the point of posting that?

>Lord Lucan came up as a "joke" in the "who was the man in the car" thread.
>It was never meant to be taken seriously.

My post was. But you didn't do so. See the double standards?

>You really do need to lighten up you know.

I wouldn't presume to give you any personality advice.
--
banana

Message has been deleted

Trevjon

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

"banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...
>
> what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
> mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
> sister?
> --
> banana

Princess Dianas mothers second husband was called Peter Shand-KYDDE

Trevjon

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

"Trevjon" <tre...@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message

Although the following news item, from last year, spells Bill's name as
Kydd, but then goes on to state that he was princess Dianas uncle (although
this is not strictly true, as Peter was dianas mums second husband-is there
such a thing as a "step uncle"?). The end product is that despite the
difference in spelling, it would seem they were brothers.

Begin extract (from
http://www.tvnewsweb.com/newsvideo/1999/06newsvideo.shtml)

PARACHUTE JUMP: Princess Diana'a paralysed uncle, Bill Shand-Kydd, a former
jockey, makes a record-breaking parachute jump today. It will be a tandem
jump; he will be strapped to an instructor and the ventilator he needs to
breathe. It is the first time anyone on a ventilator has made such a jump.

End extract.

The references for the alternate spelling of Peters name (which i forgot to
include in the original post) are

http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~bct/public/genealogy/royal/gedx51.html

http://www.gbnf.com/genealogy/manning/html/index/ind0929.HTM

banana

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
In article <8ner1b$qm9$1...@neptunium.btinternet.com>, posted to
alt.conspiracy.princess-diana and stamped at '20:41:27' on 'Wed, 16 Aug

2000', Trevjon <tre...@nospambtinternet.com> writes:

>"Trevjon" <tre...@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "banana" <banana@REMOVE_THIS.borve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...
>> >
>> > what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
>> > mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
>> > sister?

<snip>

>> Princess Dianas mothers second husband was called Peter Shand-KYDDE
>>

>Although the following news item, from last year, spells Bill's name as
>Kydd, but then goes on to state that he was princess Dianas uncle (although
>this is not strictly true, as Peter was dianas mums second husband-is there
>such a thing as a "step uncle"?). The end product is that despite the
>difference in spelling, it would seem they were brothers.

Thanks for this.

I should add that the link is perhaps not as drawn out as it might seem.
Bill Shand-Kydd was not just Lord Lucan's brother-in-law; he was
involved in the aftermath of the Lord Lucan events - producing for
example letters that Lord Lucan had written to him, which IIRC mentioned
the 'terrible coincidence' that caused Lucan to be in such an awkward
predicament.

Anyway, I bet Earl Spencer knows that Lord Lucan went to South Africa
(assuming of course that this is true - although from the little I've
read on this subject, it sounds true. Aspinall was a truly disgusting
character).

>Begin extract (from
>http://www.tvnewsweb.com/newsvideo/1999/06newsvideo.shtml)
>
>PARACHUTE JUMP: Princess Diana'a paralysed uncle, Bill Shand-Kydd, a former
>jockey, makes a record-breaking parachute jump today. It will be a tandem
>jump; he will be strapped to an instructor and the ventilator he needs to
>breathe. It is the first time anyone on a ventilator has made such a jump.
>
>End extract.
>

>The references for the alternate spelling of Peters name (which i forgot to
>include in the original post) are
>
>http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~bct/public/genealogy/royal/gedx51.html
>
>http://www.gbnf.com/genealogy/manning/html/index/ind0929.HTM

Reminiscent of Charles and Jonathan Powell, the former of whom
pronounces his name 'Pole', the latter 'Powl'.
--
banana

hogart...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2014, 9:48:42 AM12/4/14
On Sunday, 13 August 2000 08:00:00 UTC+1, banana wrote:
> Since the subject of Lord Lucan has come up...
>
> what is the relation between Peter Shand Kydd, who was Princess Diana's
> mother's second husband, and Bill Shand Kydd, who married Lady Lucan's
> sister?
> --
> banana

They were half brothers.