Harold Weisberg Seemed To Think That Martin Schrand Was Guarding The Crypto Van at Cubi Point

Sky Throne 19efppp

May 20, 2022, 5:22:03 AM5/20/22
...even though a document in his possession that that a Private First Class Persons was at this post. http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/S%20Disk/Schrand%20Martin%20Private%20Death/Item%2001.pdf

Pfc. James Russell Persons and Martin Schrand are the only two guards named in the documents said to be on duty when Schrand was shot. We don't know the names of the other guards, particularly the one who was guarding the airplane hangar where Oswald's unit kept its gear, and where it was sometimes said that a U-2 plane was located. Lt. Cherrie had just inspected the crypto van post and was on his way to the hangar when the Schrand shot was fired. This would be perfect timing if to created a diversion so that the guard at the hangar could go inside and steal U-2 secrets, if anybody had a reason to do such a thing.

Even though the Warren Commission seemed to have some interest in a Marine named Oswald, it seems never to have asked where Oswald was at the time of Schrand's shooting. We are told in the navy documents that the guard assignments were "verbal," and that there was no written record with this information. The only two named guards are Schrand and Persons. Of course, Schrand could not be questioned by the Commission, but Persons was alive and well until 1985, when he died in a plane crash. Even the HSCA could have asked him. O well. I guess it wasn't important enough to bother.