Allan Tippit Said He Was Home From School And Heard The News Of His Father On The Radio

Sky Throne 19efppp

Feb 3, 2023, 10:18:37 AM2/3/23
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2013/11/03/for-slain-officer-j-d-tippits-family-normal-life-gone-in-a-flash/

Allan, the oldest child, remembers when the crushing news arrived. He was home that day from eighth grade, faking a stomachache to avoid an exam, he says. Listening to KLIF radio, he heard the announcer report the shooting of a police officer named J.D. Tippit.

“I thought, there aren’t many people with that name. So I went and got mother,” Allan said. “She listened for a minute and freaked out and called the substation. I wasn’t sure until some officers came knocking on the door.”