SPIRITUAL BELLS & WHISTLES

MichaelT...@yahoo.com

Jan 8, 2020, 10:29:32 AM1/8/20
SPIRITUAL BELLS & WHISTLES

“There is a wonderful scene in Jesus Christ Superstar in which King Herod challenges Jesus to prove his divinity by doing a miracle magic show:

‘Feed my household with this bread.
You can do it on your head!’1

When the Galilean fails to jump through hoops on command, the petulant potentate throws a temper tantrum and screams:

‘You’re a joke; you’re not the Lord!
You’re nothing but a fraud’2

How often do we find ourselves today in a similar situation? We fancy ourselves to be seeking a spiritual guide or teacher, but we want some bells and whistles thrown in so that we can objectively verify that they are “the real thing”, that we’re getting a good deal. In our intellectual vanity, and consumerist desire for goodies, we demand more bang for the buck. We want something we can take home and show our friends. And so we all too frequently fall prey to any number of psychic tricks – metaphysical medicine shows, if you will – used by the Kal (the negative power) to distract us from Soul’s true quest for spiritual freedom.”
From my new book, “Going For The One: The Quest For Spiritual Freedom”. Chapter 4.

Thank you . . . with love,

Michael

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081K7NCKY?fbclid=IwAR19LEyUaDnGxXCGPpxWZI38rVXwjJcACKsfR-WpnbvxqnR7QmAjWUjqVdY