Question for Stephen

1 view

Empath

Oct 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/13/00
So, Stephen, what do you think? Do you feel that the lack of
anguish in today's country music indicates it's compromised
itself too much? Is the industry only interested in the
commercial advantage of appeal to the music buying youth?

Empath

*The above address fights spam by requiring a
first time manual interaction.*
*Permanent address is james at empath.org *

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
Empath wrote:
> So, Stephen, what do you think? Do you feel that the lack of
> anguish in today's country music indicates it's compromised
> itself too much? Is the industry only interested in the
> commercial advantage of appeal to the music buying youth?
> Empath

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~:
HAY Empath, how are you this morning? You know what you are saying here
about anguish in country music isn't something that you should throw up
to SWAMI LOOIE. I mean, if you want to talk about cruel and unusual
punishment... his whole life is like a off key rendition done by a
ten-gallon hat wearing cross between TinyTim and PeeWeeHerman.

My mama didn't love me!
My dada beat me!
My brother was an only child!
My wife was knockin down on me behind my back!
She was doing it right in front of me!
I lost all my hair!
My pud has gone to silly putty!
Nobody likes me!
I'm going to go out and sit in the Dirt
and eat ~woRm~!

All the world loves a sad song!

Speaking of which, todays anguishless country music is quite a comedown
from the peak it reached some years ago when Ringo Starr (of all people)
came out with his country album called: "Boucoups of Blues".

The first song started out with the son of a politician (now isn't that
sad?) who got busted, and his father wouldn't go his bail, told him to
go to hell, so the kid hung himself in his cell.

The second verse was about a guy who came home to find his wife in bed
with another man, and so he shot them both and then committed suicide.

And then the song went "downhill from there"!

I remember the best line on the whole album... was while the band was
really cooking at the end of a song and Ringo shouted out: "...I got
this dog and he's real Meeeannnnnnnn!" (sniff)

Anyway, I still think that you are really heartless when you chide SWAMI
LOOIE about the anguish in country music. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! There's
got to be a song in there somewhere!

Heh heh heh heh.

--
Beware the Obvious-Suspect the Reality
AllisonWonderland

Stephen

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
*******SPV.....First who gives a shit what I think? And I am
saying, what does thinking have to do with anything? And what
does anguish have to do with creativity?

Empath wrote:

> So, Stephen, what do you think? Do you feel that the lack of
> anguish in today's country music indicates it's compromised
> itself too much? Is the industry only interested in the
> commercial advantage of appeal to the music buying youth?
>
> Empath

Empath

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
Stephen <"svanier(nospam)"@uswest.net> wrote:

>*******SPV.....First who gives a shit what I think? And I am
>saying, what does thinking have to do with anything? And what
>does anguish have to do with creativity?

Oh, three new questions! At this moment, Stephen, the perfect answers
are just waiting to be typed. The answers that are sure to satisfy
even your critical intellectual and emotional centers are on the tip
of my tongue. The timing is perfect..... But, it's two hours before
the wife gets home, and I've already said we'll go out and eat. My
daily walk of four or five miles will take me about an hour and a
half. After I'm back, a few moments of rest, and a shower, should just
about put me at the right time. The right time that is, except that
the feelings will change. The answers will be different, the mood will
change. My answers, if there are any left, will be different. Maybe
"I" will get back to you later. I'm going for a walk.

Empath

*The address GSPLBB...@spammotel.com is good until
Oct. 31 *

Empath

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
You're Stupid <liptas...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>*******SPV.....And all of that because you don't know who you are. Like
>you said the feelings will change and so will your answer, and without a
>center you go changing all day long. Then you have too many beers and
>you are changing with inappropiate boundries and you are just showing
>someboy else. It fact it's like friends will look at you and go, "Who
>are you?" And it's all confusing because all the time you are a mask
>and just failing at that too. Now you guys pretend you are tough. I am
>tough. Don't you see the difference. You are playing at being tough,
>and I am simply tough. You are pretending to be smart, and I am just
>simply brilliant. You have to work at it, and I just am. I am a
>refined product. You have to work at pretending to be Enlightened and
>knowledgeable and Christ Consciousness, and I am simply Christ Conscious
>which is super conscious.
>
>You guys pretend and act the brilliant tough guy like james bond and I
>am so much more that being like james bond would be an insult to me.
>
>You are trying to win big money at the card table with 48 cards and I
>have a full deck. I can't explain it any better.
>
>Empath, do you ever consider that what I say is true, that the e-mails
>Albert deleted were about me? That they just tried to frame me to get
>rid of me because I am rocking the boat.
>
>Don't worry, after I rock the boat so much that you all fall in I am
>going to burn the boat so that you can't go back and then we are going
>to learn to fly or die.

Ummm... I don't know, Stephen. Free verse hasn't worked out too well
for country music. Perhaps you could try near rhyme. But, I'm not sure
if even the more sophisticated modern day country listeners will be
able to adjust to that. All in all, if you can rewrite it, get it to
rhyme, and put the music with it, maybe we could get Lee Ann Womack or
Alan Jackson to look at it. They both still dabble a bit in the sob
songs.

Don't get the idea its a perfect country and western song though. As
David Allan Coe said, You ain't said nothin' about Mama, or trains,
or trucks, or prison, or gettin' drunk. Well, I guess you did mention
beer.

Catchy words though.

You're Stupid

Oct 14, 2000, 11:04:51 PM10/14/00

In article <iibhuso1ka2b5e27e...@4ax.com>,

GSPLBB...@spammotel.com wrote:
> Stephen <"svanier(nospam)"@uswest.net> wrote:
>
> >*******SPV.....First who gives a shit what I think? And I am
> >saying, what does thinking have to do with anything? And what
> >does anguish have to do with creativity?
>
> Oh, three new questions! At this moment, Stephen, the perfect answers
> are just waiting to be typed. The answers that are sure to satisfy
> even your critical intellectual and emotional centers are on the tip
> of my tongue. The timing is perfect..... But, it's two hours before
> the wife gets home, and I've already said we'll go out and eat. My
> daily walk of four or five miles will take me about an hour and a
> half. After I'm back, a few moments of rest, and a shower, should just
> about put me at the right time. The right time that is, except that
> the feelings will change. The answers will be different, the mood will
> change. My answers, if there are any left, will be different. Maybe
> "I" will get back to you later. I'm going for a walk.
>

> Empath
>
> *The address GSPLBB...@spammotel.com is good until
> Oct. 31 *
> *Permanent address is james at empath.org*

--
Kick a sleeping dog you going to get bit.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Empath

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Stephen <"svanier(nospam)"@uswest.net> wrote:

>*******SPV.....First who gives a shit what I think? And I am
>saying, what does thinking have to do with anything?

My words gave you the option of saying what you think, or what you
feel.

> And what does anguish have to do with creativity?

There is creativity that is of a personal nature, or as a service. It
requires only the skill. It could be building houses, or cabinets. No
emotional expression is required. Other creativity is art, and is
often done as a means of expressing emotion. Harmonics is the goal.
Anguish while not pleasant can be expressed through music and song. If
written well, and performed well, the harmonics are there, and a
"snapshot" appears, so to speak, of the writer's or performer's
feelings.

The written word, stories, poems, even a usenet posting can generate
harmonics due to the creative talent of the writers. You yourself have
attempted frequently to express through the creative nature of your
postings the anguish of dealings with your past acquaintances. You
attempt to set up a sympathetic vibration of emotion. Though my own
personal experience with reading your writings doesn't include a
sympathetic vibration with the emotions you attempt to convey, that
doesn't mean that no one else feels it. There are some writers with
experiences that may be less acute than yours that could write with a
certain creativeness that could trigger harmonics within me. It's a
matter of taste perhaps; like the old saying "I may not know much
about art, but I know what I like."

>Empath wrote:
>
>> So, Stephen, what do you think? Do you feel that the lack of
>> anguish in today's country music indicates it's compromised
>> itself too much? Is the industry only interested in the
>> commercial advantage of appeal to the music buying youth?

Stephen

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
**********SPV....Empath you are pathetic. Look what you say.

Empath wrote:

> > And what does anguish have to do with creativity? The Question:

> There is creativity that is of a personal nature, or as a service. It
> requires only the skill. It could be building houses, or cabinets. No
> emotional expression is required

*****SPV....What about pride in their work. If the cabinets are not built
with loving appreciation, then what have you got? A bunch of shit. You
think people that work in trades do not take pride and appreciation and
loving care in their work? What a fuckhead you are.

Why do they pretend to know? And this goes on and on. I mean this
Dogshit guy will say stupid thing and after stupid thing. Just absolutely
worthless. And you would think after I slap them 100 times in a row they
would go, "Maybe I don't know!"

Empath

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Stephen <"svanier(nospam)"@uswest.net> wrote:

>**********SPV....Empath you are pathetic. Look what you say.

>Empath wrote:

>> > And what does anguish have to do with creativity? The Question:
>>
>> There is creativity that is of a personal nature, or as a service. It
>> requires only the skill. It could be building houses, or cabinets. No
>> emotional expression is required
>
>*****SPV....What about pride in their work. If the cabinets are not built
>with loving appreciation, then what have you got? A bunch of shit. You
>think people that work in trades do not take pride and appreciation and
>loving care in their work? What a fuckhead you are.
>
>Why do they pretend to know? And this goes on and on. I mean this
>Dogshit guy will say stupid thing and after stupid thing. Just absolutely
>worthless. And you would think after I slap them 100 times in a row they
>would go, "Maybe I don't know!"

You're right, Stephen. Conscientiousness in one's work should have
been included. "Maybe I don't know". Pride in one's work? Hmmmm. who
would of thunked it? Boy this Stephen guy is good to have around.

Empath

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
~~~AllisonWonderland~~~ <all...@livingston.net> wrote:

>Speaking of which, todays anguishless country music is quite a comedown
>from the peak it reached some years ago when Ringo Starr (of all people)
>came out with his country album called: "Boucoups of Blues".
>
>The first song started out with the son of a politician (now isn't that
>sad?) who got busted, and his father wouldn't go his bail, told him to
>go to hell, so the kid hung himself in his cell.
>
>The second verse was about a guy who came home to find his wife in bed
>with another man, and so he shot them both and then committed suicide.
>
>And then the song went "downhill from there"!
>
>I remember the best line on the whole album... was while the band was
>really cooking at the end of a song and Ringo shouted out: "...I got
>this dog and he's real Meeeannnnnnnn!" (sniff)

Oh Rats! Allison, I've attempted twice to respond to this; a long
irrelevant essay on country music and the recording industry. Both
times, just following completion, the computer hung up and destroyed
it. It's a bit off topic anyway, but perhaps the subject will come up
again.

Empath

Empath

*The address GSPLBB...@spammotel.com is good until
Oct. 31 *
*Permanent address is james at empath.org*

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Empath wrote:
> Oh Rats! Allison, I've attempted twice to respond to this; a long
> irrelevant essay on country music and the recording industry.

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~:
I know what you mean! I've had that happen. Really do a cookin' response
tell it to send and then try to look at it in the "OUTBOX" and find that
it's nothing but a header!... I have taken to "SAVING AS" any long post.
But there is also something that happens when my computer messes up, it
will put a copy of what was on the screen at the time of the mess-up in
the <TEMP> directory! And if that fortunately happens, it is just a "cut
and paste" away from restoration.

You mentioned my essay being long... but I looked and that's about as
brief an essay as I am capable of writing. Still the relevance part was
succinct. Remember, an irrelvant never forgets!

Empath wrote:
> Both times, just following completion, the computer hung up and
> destroyed it. It's a bit off topic anyway, but perhaps the subject
> will come up again.

~~~AW~~~:
Well, if at first you don't succeed... try, try again.

Anyway, hope you are well.

Empath

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
~~~AllisonWonderland~~~ <all...@livingston.net> wrote:

>You mentioned my essay being long... but I looked and that's about as
>brief an essay as I am capable of writing. Still the relevance part was
>succinct. Remember, an irrelvant never forgets!

Actually, the mention of a long essay was in reference to the one I'd
attempted; just for clarification.

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Empath wrote:
> Actually, the mention of a long essay was in reference to the one I'd
> attempted; just for clarification.
> Empath

~~~AllisonWonderland~~~:
So I go back and look at what you wrote and see what you mean! Oops! My
bad! :) Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

Hope you are well.