Connecticut state nig (D) Rep. Quentin Williams killed by nig wrong-way driver hours after being sworn in

1 view

hamilton

Jan 6, 2023, 3:15:02 AM1/6/23
The accident occurred about 15 miles from Hartford, where the
governor’s inaugural ball took place.

The wrong-way driver, 27-year-old Kimede Mustafaj, also died.
It’s unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved.

Gov. Ned Lamont ordered flags in the state in to be flown at
half-staff in light of the stunning tragedy.

“This is devastating news, and I am incredibly saddened by this
tragedy,” the governor said in a statement.

“Quentin had an infectiously optimistic personality, and he
absolutely loved having the opportunity to represent his
lifelong home of Middletown at the State Capitol. Public service
was his passion, and he was always advocating on behalf of the
people of his hometown.”

Williams, who graduated from Middletown schools, was the new co-
chair of the General Assembly’s Labor and Public Employees
Committee. That committee was set to meet for the first time
Thursday, but instead all legislative activity was postponed
until Monday.

The state Capitol and Legislative Office Building were both
closed until next week.

Williams, also known as Q and a rising star in Connecticut
politics, leaves behind his wife and mother. He grew up in
public housing and went on to become the first African American
to represent Middletown in the General Assembly, according to
his biography on his legislative website.

“Representative Williams truly embodied the phrase larger than
life,” Middletown Mayor Ben Florsheim said in a statement. “His
laugh, smile, and presence were felt in every space shared with
him.

“His passing is a true loss for our community. A light has been
dimmed today.”

Lesser, the state senator, said his slain colleague talked about
running for statewide office one day, or even for Congress.

“These are all things that he would think about,” he said.
“We’ll never know. He had big dreams and hopes … I think he had
a damn good chance of realizing.”

<https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/connecticut-state-rep-quentin-
williams-killed-in-car-crash/>