PayPal's 2-step verification causing me extreme frustrations - How do you turn it off?

Lee

Mar 15, 2022, 2:08:38 AM3/15/22
How do you turn off PayPal’s 2-step verification? I’ve already tried following the instructions that PayPal provides ( https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-turn-on-or-off-2-step-verification-for-paypal-account-login-faq4057 ), but they don’t work, because rather than giving me any option to turn it off, they instead give me either the option of having a text code sent to me or using an authenticator app to verify my ID. Neither option is reasonable for me because I don’t have my own cellphone, and have to borrow one from someone in my family. It’s ridiculous for PayPal to assume/presume that everyone has their own personal cellphone, and It has caused me extreme frustrations. PLEASE HELP – thanks.