FROGAPAULT warning (hoax?)

Mirage

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

Anyone hear of this? I have a few people calling about it. More to
follow...

Mirage

Mirage

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Forget it....... the source from a customer answers my question:

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

> It's bullshit. None of the Nstorm software is infected.

Yeah...a vicious rumor probably started by some rival company. Kinda like the
one about Windows being one giant virus!

NiteHawk

Eric Chien

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
This is a hoax. Information can be found at:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/y2kgame.hoax.html and in
the future hoax information can be found at:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

...Eric

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:25:47 +1300, "Mirage" <mir...@ihug.co.nz>

sop...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

See http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/scares/elfbowl.html

--
Graham Cluley, Senior Technology Consultant, Sophos Anti-Virus
email: gcl...@sophos.com http://www.sophos.com

S. Widlake

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
In article <192u4sg27v2a2r5uu...@4ax.com>
Bill Blevins <wble...@orion.org> writes:

>In the last episoide of "Who wants to be in Bill's killfile?",

>"Mirage" <mir...@ihug.co.nz> kicked Regis in the balls and said:

>>Anyone hear of this? I have a few people calling about it. More to
>>follow...

>It's bullshit. None of the Nstorm software is infected.

>---
>Bill Blevins
>wble...@orion.org
____
This is bullshit II - As soon as you chuck VirXLIV at them...

Viruses don't generally have filenames.

S.CHnaps

-- -
.sig II - Found and Restored...

Travis Kirton

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
As one tagline I saw said...

"Windows isn't a virus...a virus does something."

Travis Kirton

"NiteHawk" <Xnospam...@1st.Xnospam.net> wrote in message

> On 8-Dec-1999, Bill Blevins <wble...@orion.org> wrote:
>
> > >Hi,
> > >

> > >Anyone hear of this? I have a few people calling about it. More to
> > >follow...
> > >

> > >Mirage

> > It's bullshit. None of the Nstorm software is infected.

bsmallwo

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Isnt it???