read it please(not spam, hacking material)

h@ckereq

Mar 21, 2022, 10:31:29 AMMar 21
I think we can start a new group to bring this discussion forum back to its glory, where there will be no room for:
-spam,
-quick-making money ads,
-and all non-hacker material.

I think that publishing such materials will be punished with BAN. If anyone is interested in this proposal, please reply. ;)

FromTheRafters

Mar 21, 2022, 3:31:00 PMMar 21
h@ckereq presented the following explanation :
The groups in the alt.* hierarchy are unmoderated.

h@ckereq

Mar 22, 2022, 1:17:58 AMMar 22

> The groups in the alt.* hierarchy are unmoderated.

Yes, that's the point.

FromTheRafters

Mar 22, 2022, 3:10:58 AMMar 22
h@ckereq expressed precisely :
>> The groups in the alt.* hierarchy are unmoderated.
>
> Yes, that's the point.

Go for it!

https://www.big-8.org/wiki/Moderated_Newsgroups#How_does_one_change_an_Unmoderated_group_to_a_Moderated_group.3F

h@ckereq

Mar 22, 2022, 12:59:30 PMMar 22

> >> The groups in the alt.* hierarchy are unmoderated.
> >
> > Yes, that's the point.
> Go for it!
>
> https://www.big-8.org/wiki/Moderated_Newsgroups#How_does_one_change_an_Unmoderated_group_to_a_Moderated_group.3F
Are you interested?

h@ckereq

Mar 22, 2022, 1:56:27 PMMar 22
this is link to group: (i think i will regulary post hacking news):https://groups.google.com/g/altrealhackers👍✔

David W. Hodgins

Mar 22, 2022, 2:06:25 PMMar 22
On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 13:56:26 -0400, h@ckereq <hacke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is link to group: (i think i will regulary post hacking news):https://groups.google.com/g/altrealhackers👍✔

There is a big difference between a google group and usenet. When it started,
google groups just incorporated dejanews (a usenet archive), with a one to one
mapping between google groups and usenet news groups, with the articles posted
to one, also cross posted to the other. They did this to make it look to google
users like all of the usenet articles were google posts, even though they were not.

Since then, google has also added it's own groups like the above, which are not
cross posted to a usenet group. Such groups are only accessible to google users,
and are not available on usenet.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

FromTheRafters

Mar 22, 2022, 2:21:34 PMMar 22
h@ckereq pretended :
Not in moderating, but if someone else were to take on the task I am
all for it. In some groups I would rather filter than ban.

FromTheRafters

Mar 22, 2022, 2:30:49 PMMar 22
After serious thinking h@ckereq wrote :
> this is link to group: (i think i will regulary post hacking
> news):https://groups.google.com/g/altrealhackers?

That resolves to a Google Group not a network newsgroup.

alt.hackers.unmoderated

h@ckereq

Mar 22, 2022, 3:46:14 PMMar 22

wtorek, 22 marca 2022 o 19:30:49 UTC+1 FromTheRafters napisał(a):
> That resolves to a Google Group not a network newsgroup.
>> Are you interested?
>Not in moderating, but if someone else were to take on the task I am
all for it. In some groups I would rather filter than ban.

I don't asked "are you interested in moderating." but "are you[...] in join to a group".

FromTheRafters wrote:
>That resolves to a Google Group not a network newsgroup.

I didin't know, sorry about this mistake. But are google groups bad?

h@ckereq

Mar 22, 2022, 3:50:18 PMMar 22
FromTheRafters wrote:
>>Not in moderating, but if someone else were to take on the task I am
all for it. In some groups I would rather filter than ban.

I can, but is It absolutely neccesary?

David W. Hodgins

Mar 22, 2022, 6:57:32 PMMar 22
On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 15:46:12 -0400, h@ckereq <hacke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didin't know, sorry about this mistake. But are google groups bad?

Only in the sense that it's google intentionally misleading it's users about
what is and is not a usenet newsgroup vs a google group.

alt.comp.virus is a usenet news group that has existed much longer than google has
been in business. In order for google to be able to send the articles it's users
post to the group, it has to peer with other usenet providers, and follow usenet
standards and rules. I'm using a usenet service provided by the site
http://www.eternal-september.org/, not google groups to post this follow-up. This
news group is for discussing computer malware and how to deal with it.

altrealhackers is a google group that is not mapped to a usenet newsgroup, so
it only follows google's rules and standards. I know it's a google group, not
a usenet news group without checking out the link, as it's name doesn't follow
usenet standards.

Regards, Dave Hodgins