...recover data after hard reset...I need help...

eie...@earthlink.net

Oct 7, 2011, 1:45:07 PM10/7/11
...recover data after hard reset...I need help...

I read the message below at  alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot  from 2008.

I know it was found that "...it would appear that memory is indeed wiped out with a series of hex 55's  (binary 01010101)...with the very nice "pdd" utility
and verified this...  http://www.grandideastudio.com/portfolio/pdd/  "...

I have a Kyocera 6035 cellphone/Palm_OS_v3.5.3_PDA combo that I have relied on heavily for the last few years and I had an enormous amount of information and third party apps with information stored on my 6035 Palm.

This AM, as the 6035 Palm was acting "quirky", I did a soft reset.  However, the 6035 Palm completed it as a hard reset and completely wiped my 6035 Palm.

I am franctic right now as I had mileage logs for the IRS and all other kinds of important stuff on the 6035 Palm.

I know, I know.  I had NO backups...stupid.

Stupid because I am an IT/network engineer by trade so I should have known better...just "never got around to it...".  Also, I have no cable nor cradle for
this 6035 Palm unit...only the unit itself...got if free from my sister...she knew I was a Palm OS fan.

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone knows a way to retrieve lost data from accidental hard reset(s) on Palm(s).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul (different from the Paul below)

Re:  Recover data after hard reset ?
Date:  Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:56:29 -0400
From:  "Paul" <pa...@nospam-mindspring.com>
Newsgroups:  alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot

I have a Symbol SPT1550 that was doing barcode data collection during the day, and evidently the user dropped it or otherwise caused a hard reset.  Our Satellite Forms data collection app icon is no longer on the Palm's screen and the unit appears to be reset to defaults.  Is there any utility that will download the raw contents of memory and recover our .PDB file containing the barcode scans?  ...  or is the memory truly zeroed out after a hard reset?

To answer my own question, it would appear that memory is indeed wiped out with a series of hex 55's  (binary 01010101)

I downloaded the palm's contents with the very nice "pdd" utility and verified this.

http://www.grandideastudio.com/portfolio/pdd/

-- Paul