Franklin Quest Binder Attachment

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jarrett Gorin

未讀,
1997年3月12日 凌晨3:00:001997/3/12
收件者:

Anybody out there use the binder attachment from these guys which lets you
snap your Pilot into their day planners?? If so, I have two questions for
you:

1. How easy is it to snap the Pilot into and out of the binder
attachment?, and

2. Does the binder attachment fit into other day planners made by
companies other than Franklin Quest?

This thing seems like a good safe way for me to transport my Pilot to and
from work, especially because I need to carry around a bunch of other stuff
which can't be handled on the Pilot, at least not yet. Of course, the only
way to know for sure is to ask someone who uses it.

If anyone who uses this accessory would E-mail me with any information good
or bad about it, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
--
_____________________
Jarrett Gorin

Craig Wood

未讀,
1997年3月12日 凌晨3:00:001997/3/12
收件者:Jarrett Gorin

Jarrett Gorin wrote:

> 1. How easy is it to snap the Pilot into and out of the binder
> attachment?, and

Actually, this is my big concern - it takes quite a bit of force to
remove the Pilot from the attachment. I haven't had any problems, but
everytime I remove it I cringe at the thought of cracking the case.

> 2. Does the binder attachment fit into other day planners made by
> companies other than Franklin Quest?

I am using mine in a Filofax binder (small) and it fits okay. The
binder wholes look universal. I find that due to the size of my binder I
have some difficulty in snapping it closed.

All in all it is more secure, although I don't use it as often as I
thought I would. Living in Canada it was an expensive item ($24.95 US
plus $10 s&h = $49 Cdn plus duty and GST so it was over $50!)

--
Craig Wood
C.S. Wood Consultants

Jeff Bowen

Jarrett Gorin wrote:

> Anybody out there use the binder attachment from these guys which lets you
> snap your Pilot into their day planners?? If so, I have two questions for
> you:
>
> 1. How easy is it to snap the Pilot into and out of the binder
> attachment?, and
>
> 2. Does the binder attachment fit into other day planners made by
> companies other than Franklin Quest?
>
> This thing seems like a good safe way for me to transport my Pilot to and
> from work, especially because I need to carry around a bunch of other stuff
> which can't be handled on the Pilot, at least not yet. Of course, the only
> way to know for sure is to ask someone who uses it.
>
> If anyone who uses this accessory would E-mail me with any information good
> or bad about it, that would be great.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> _____________________
> Jarrett Gorin
> Santa Barbara, CA, USA
> jar...@silcom.com
I saw the Franklin Pilot Holder and thought it was nice enough; not too
bad to insert the Pilot, somewhat more difficult to remove. Then I
wondered if a person could just purchase an extra plastic lift sheet for
their binder and simply attach the Pilot to it with Velcro on the back
of the unit? I doubt that the stress of compressing the Pilot inside of
a binder would be enough to cause ant damage. If you were concerned you
could run a strip of thick foam tape (weather stripping) down either
side of the Pilot on the lift sheet.

A much cheaper solution than the 25.00 Frankin Pilot Keeper.

Jeff

Peggy Freeman

未讀,
1997年3月13日 凌晨3:00:001997/3/13
收件者:

In article <01bc2ebe$994919e0$31c147cf@SiliconBeach>, "Jarrett Gorin"
<jar...@silcom.com> wrote:

> Anybody out there use the binder attachment from these guys which lets you
> snap your Pilot into their day planners?? If so, I have two questions for
> you:
>
> 1. How easy is it to snap the Pilot into and out of the binder
> attachment?, and

I bought the Franklin binder attachment and it is perfect for me. I found
that for real quick notes, where I don't have time to mess with Graffiti,
or I am just jotting down a number I don't want to save, paper still works
best for that purpose. So now, I use the Pilot in the binder attachment
for most of my PIM stuff, all packaged in a cheap Franklin Pocket-sized
binder with some lined paper.

Anyway, to snap the Pilot into the binder attachment is very easy. Getting
the Pilot *out* of the attachment seemed brutal at first, until I learned
a trick that works for my binder attachment, at least. There are these
plastic "clips" that hold the Pilot in place. Don't try to push the Pilot
out from the center. Start by releasing the Pilot from one of the bottom
corner clips; it then becomes easy to kind of pry the entire Pilot from
the attachment. It sounds more difficult than it is.

I had become frustrated with the small leather case that uses velcro -- it
kept pulling off the memory door when I removed it from the Pilot.

> 2. Does the binder attachment fit into other day planners made by
> companies other than Franklin Quest?

Yes, it will fit the pocket sized planners from other companies.

-- Peggy Freeman
pfre...@stanford.edu

Paul Williamson

未讀,
1997年3月15日 凌晨3:00:001997/3/15
收件者:

In article <3326D2...@iquest.net>, From Jeff Bowen
<jbo...@iquest.net>, the following was written:

> Then I
> wondered if a person could just purchase an extra plastic lift sheet
> for their binder and simply attach the Pilot to it with Velcro on the
> back of the unit?

Wish I'd thought of that!

!^NavFont02F00F90008MGE5HGFABE31

rrmak...@gmail.com