TGPostman pulling msgs from mailspool once?

Kevin Pacetti

Jul 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/13/97

I just installed and configured Top Gun Postman. Nice app. However, after
reading some instructions on the Top Gun site and experimenting with it for
a while I found I have a question.

It is my understanding that you can configure TGPostman to not delete
messages off your POP3 mailspool when they are retrieved using TGPostman.
It was also my understanding that you could configure TGPostman to not pull
messages off your POP3 mailspool that have already been pulled down before.
The following text is from the TG web site:

19.If you want Top Gun Postman to not save any messages that you have read
before, tap on the checkbox next to Save only unread messages. This is
useful in case you have lots of previously viewed messages in your POP3
mailspool that you don't want cluttering up your inbox. Top Gun Postman
detects previously read messages by noting that the R status flag is set in
a Status: header.

I figured this configuration information was the answer, however I have
tried several combinations of configurations settings and TGPostman seems
to act the same: I can get it to not delete messages from my POP3
mailspool, but it pulls ALL messages everytime (including the ones I have
already retrieved in a previous GetMail. I have used the option to review
each message header and manually choosing to get the message, but I thought
there was a way to let TGPostman do that (as per the instructions above).

Anybody got the answer? Thanks.

--Kevin.

--
Kevin Pacetti