Won't generate TXF or export to TurboTax

vodil

Feb 15, 2024, 4:15:20 PMFeb 15
Current Quicken for window (11) generates an error message when TurboTax tries to import. Also the Tax Reports it generates won't export as a TXF file...not listed as an option.

Peter Goergen

Feb 16, 2024, 4:42:58 AMFeb 16
On 2/15/2024 4:15 PM, vodil wrote:
> Current Quicken for window (11) generates an error message when TurboTax tries to import. Also the Tax Reports it generates won't export as a TXF file...not listed as an option.

Reports / Tax / Tax Schedule / Export report data... doesn't have an
option to "Report to tax export file"?

Pete

vodil

Feb 17, 2024, 2:28:24 PMFeb 17
It does not have that option any more

vodil

Feb 18, 2024, 1:55:46 PMFeb 18
Figured it out. If you do REPORTS>Tax only some of them have TXF options. I was doing it for Schedule A, which does not. If you do it for Tax Schedule it does, but then you have to customize.
This is a change because I had in my Saved Reports all the things I wanted, which used to export, but now don't.
All very annoying because TT & Quicken are still not talking directly.
PLEASE FIX

John Pollard

Feb 20, 2024, 1:56:01 PMFeb 20
On 02/15/24 3:15 PM, vodil wrote:
> Current Quicken for window (11) generates an error message when TurboTax tries to import.

What Quicken Edition? (Premier, for example?)

What Release (in the form Rnn.nn)?

See Help > About Quicken.

What year version of TurboTax?

Was Quicken running when you tried the import?
And was the appropriate Quicken file open in Quicken?

Exactly what is the error message?
Is there also an error number?

Did you check to see if TurboTax received ANY data
from Quicken after the attempted import?

John Pollard

Feb 20, 2024, 2:12:49 PMFeb 20
On 02/20/24 12:55 PM, John Pollard wrote:

See this Community Discussion:

Selectable TXF export year

http://tinyurl.com/5n7jxr62

While much of the discussion is not exactly about your problem,
a couple of posts near the end suggest that you may be out of
luck.

You might want to "Follow" that Community Discussion to get
notified when there are new posts.

Peter Goergen

Feb 22, 2024, 6:08:34 AMFeb 22
John,

For my import into Turbo Tax from Quicken, I used Reports / Tax / Tax
Schedule / Export report data... icon / Report to tax export file.

The Tax Schedule report allows the choice of date range. Doesn't this
satisfy the OP's need?

Thanks,
Pete

John Pollard

Feb 22, 2024, 8:42:43 AMFeb 22
On 02/22/24 5:08 AM, Peter Goergen wrote:
>> On 02/20/24 12:55 PM, John Pollard wrote:
>>
>> See this Community Discussion:
>>
>> Selectable TXF export year
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5n7jxr62
>>
>> While much of the discussion is not exactly about your problem,
>> a couple of posts near the end suggest that you may be out of
>> luck.
>>
>> You might want to "Follow" that Community Discussion to get
>> notified when there are new posts.

> For my import into Turbo Tax from Quicken, I used Reports / Tax / Tax
> Schedule / Export report data... icon / Report to tax export file.
>
> The Tax Schedule report allows the choice of date range.

> Doesn't this satisfy the OP's need?

As I understand it, no.

Your approach will export a TurboTax usable file, but it will contain
the entire Tax Schedule.

The op wants to export individual Tax Schedules (such as Schedule A) to
TurboTax. That is not possible with the current releases of Quicken.

I have no way to verify whether that was ever possible. My old installed
versions of Quicken are of the Deluxe edition, which did not have
separate Tax Schedule reports.