My concern with EWC+

David Arnstein

Mar 2, 2023, 2:27:21 PM3/2/23
One by one, my financial institutions are converting to EWC+. The latest
conversion is USAA Savings Bank, as documented in another thread. This
has changed my behavior. As of today, I am limiting the amount of money
I hold in USAA.

My concern with EWC+ is that quicken.com is a single point of failure.
If an attacker is able to access one of my EWC+ enabled accounts via
quicken.com, he will surely gain access to all of them. What a disaster.

I have to draw the line somewhere. When EWC+ comes for my brokerage
account, I will balk.
--
David Arnstein (00)
arnstei...@pobox.com {{ }}

Jeffrey

Mar 4, 2023, 8:23:41 PM3/4/23
If you want to read about the different Connection Types here is a link which includes EWC+.
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922729/my-explanation-of-the-security-of-the-different-connection-types
Message has been deleted

Basic stuff

Mar 21, 2023, 4:15:05 PM3/21/23
The difference with EWC+ is that it establishes a connection for quicken to VIEW ONLY. Whereas when you give Quicken your password, you're giving full access.

So in the event of an attacker gaining access, you are limiting their gains to only seeing what you have. Not gaining access to transfer that money.

--
For full context, visit https://www.beansmart.com/quicken/my-concern-with-ewc-274448-.htm