FYI - Update letter from Eric Dunn

Jeffrey

Apr 24, 2023, 4:18:08 PM4/24/23
Here is a link to a letter from Eric Dunn CEO.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/4765/an-update-from-eric-dunn-quicken-ceo

Why it was posted through Simplifi and not Globally is any ones guess?

Andrew

Apr 25, 2023, 8:30:54 AM4/25/23
Thanks for the link...never saw this before.

I notice they discuss "Quicken Companion apps (web and mobile) "....what
is the "web" app they are talking about, anyone?? I Googled and all I
see is a mobile-based app.
(https://www.quicken.com/content/stay-connected-your-money)
Regards -

- Andrew

JohnA

Apr 27, 2023, 11:51:45 PM4/27/23
Hi Andrew,

https://www.quicken.com/content/getting-started-quicken-web-app

It appears to be a companion app to the PC desktop. However, all accounts
need to be setup again, there is no way to retrieve the information from the
desktop program.

Andrew

Apr 28, 2023, 9:33:52 AM4/28/23
Thanks Jeffrey - I appreciate that very much and watched the video. It
is strange (as mentioned at the VERY end of the video) that you can
click to view the web-based info onto your desktop version, but as you
say, it doesn't seem to allow you to UPLOAD that to get started without
re-entering all the account info.

I guess it makes life easier that you might not have to do a OSU to get
the latest info, but other than that, this doesn't particularly excite
me, especially given the set up that needs to be done. The app and the
data presentation and tools seem very simplistic based on what we've
been able to do on the desktop app.

I don't know much about MINT, but i get the impression it is Quicken's
version of that web-based financial program.