Fixing an OL-294-A

Bernie Cosell

Mar 5, 2023, 8:30:53 AM3/5/23
I'm pretty sure it is just a simple connection problem, and it'll magically
work if I try tomorrow, but I looked at the quicken article about dealing
with an OL-294-A [via
https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294]
it says:
Third, refresh your online account information

From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very
top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
---------------------------------------

But when I click on the gear, there's no "refresh" nor anything with the
hot key ctrl-shift-N [I can't use ctrl-shift-N because it is grabbed by
something else on my PC] It's got "update" now, edit account details,
reconcile, transfer money, etc, etc, but nothing that looked like
"refresh". Am I looking in the wrong place?

/Bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
ber...@fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA

John Pollard

Mar 5, 2023, 11:26:40 AM3/5/23
On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 7:30:53 AM UTC-6, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it is just a simple connection problem, and it'll magically
> work if I try tomorrow, but I looked at the quicken article about dealing
> with an OL-294-A [via
> https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294]
> it says:
> Third, refresh your online account information
>
> From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very
> top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
> ---------------------------------------
>
> But when I click on the gear, there's no "refresh" nor anything with the
> hot key ctrl-shift-N [I can't use ctrl-shift-N because it is grabbed by
> something else on my PC] It's got "update" now, edit account details,
> reconcile, transfer money, etc, etc, but nothing that looked like
> "refresh".

You only posted the first of the steps necessary to "refresh your online account information".
Here are all the steps:
"From your account register,
select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
SELECT UPDATE NOW [emphasis added].
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update."

You should not expect to see the word "refresh" during that process:
it is completing that process which "refreshes" your account.

John Pollard

Mar 5, 2023, 11:37:42 AM3/5/23
On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 10:26:40 AM UTC-6, John Pollard wrote:

> You only posted the first of the steps necessary to "refresh your online account information".
> Here are all the steps:
> "From your account register,
> select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
> SELECT UPDATE NOW [emphasis added].
> Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update."
>
> You should not expect to see the word "refresh" during that process:
> it is completing that process which "refreshes" your account.

By the way, it is the "Update Now" which specifically does the "refresh";
you can make the process a bit simpler by adding "Update Now"
to your account Action Bar.
[Click the account Actions gear wheel icon and select "Customize Action Bar".]

I have "Update Now" on the Action Bar for all my online-enabled accounts.
[I often use Update Now for downloading transactions for a single financial institution ...
even when there is no download error to recover from.]