Quicken changing AUTOMATICALLY MEMORIZE NEW PAYEES changed default

Andrew

Jan 24, 2024, 11:50:34 AMJan 24
/gripe-on.

So in my recent QFW update to R54.9, I got a pop up stating that Quicken
was now auto-memorizing new payees in transactions . Isn't this a
change in what was existing already through the "Data Entry and
Quickfill" preferences?

I had already unchecked that since I find that many times the same
vendor has their name somewhat different (the download name isn't
recognizable and I always need to change it, perhaps a different
subsidiary or they change their charge card processing vendor or their
name change or whatever) and I prefer to auto-fill manually.

If that was a change, I wish they wouldn't change defaults on the fly.
I do appreciate they let me know on the pop-up. Perhaps they think this
was causing angst for too many of their customers.

But I say, leave well-enough alone, ESPECIALLY if you are unilaterally
changing existing option behavior.

/gripe-off.
Regards -

- Andrew