Last revision of Quicken 8 for DOS

Richard Steiner

Oct 12, 2005, 1:02:30 AM10/12/05
Hello! :-)

I have a weird question...

I've been using Quicken 8 for DOS for quite a long time, mainly for
basic account management, and the two copies I currently have are
Quicken 8 Rev. 3 and Quicken 8. Rev 5.

Was a later version of the DOS product ever released?

If so, is there any way to (hopefully legally) obtain it?

The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

JM

Oct 12, 2005, 8:50:26 AM10/12/05

Richard Steiner wrote:
> Hello! :-)
>
> I have a weird question...
>
> I've been using Quicken 8 for DOS for quite a long time, mainly for
> basic account management, and the two copies I currently have are
> Quicken 8 Rev. 3 and Quicken 8. Rev 5.
>
> Was a later version of the DOS product ever released?
>
> If so, is there any way to (hopefully legally) obtain it?

Find reference, at Intuit site, to R7 as final relase but could not
find where/how to get it.

JM

Oct 12, 2005, 11:01:48 AM10/12/05
Do a search of this forum 'q8r7'.
One thread points to 'alt.binaries.misc' as source.

Z Man

Oct 13, 2005, 8:52:40 PM10/13/05

"JM" <zad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Do a search of this forum 'q8r7'.
> One thread points to 'alt.binaries.misc' as source.

He did say 'legal' :)

JM

Oct 14, 2005, 9:23:10 AM10/14/05

Gather that referenced site is less than 'legal'??

This begs the question - what are the legal, ethical considerations in
this case where someone seeks a sw update or patch that the original
provider no longer offers?

Richard Steiner

Oct 15, 2005, 11:31:44 PM10/15/05
Here in alt.comp.software.financial.quicken,
"JM" <zad...@yahoo.com> spake unto us, saying:

>This begs the question - what are the legal, ethical considerations in
>this case where someone seeks a sw update or patch that the original
>provider no longer offers?

I'm acutely aware of abandonware sites. :-)

In this case, however, I'm trying to keep things squeaky clean.

Methinks it's Quicken 8 Rev 7 I'm after -- thanks to those who verified
it. Maybe I'll fire a note to Intuit asking if they have any ideas.

DHL

Mar 1, 2023, 8:30:33 PM3/1/23
Quicken 8.0 Rel. 7
I am running it under DOSBox-X withing Windows 10 64bit.

--
For full context, visit https://www.beansmart.com/quicken/last-revision-of-quicken-8-for-dos-28796-.htm

Hank2023

Mar 21, 2023, 4:15:05 PM3/21/23
Quicken 6 running under DOSBox (with Windows 10) works fine for me and does everything that I need. Does Quicken 8 support dates beyond 2027, as I don't think my Quicken 6 will. Will Quicken 8/DOSBox work with Windows 11?