Chase download issue

vodil

Mar 14, 2023, 9:51:46 PM3/14/23
Something seems to have changed recently with Chase as we can no longer download all our accounts. My wife and I have different Chase logins and have some accounts that are the same and some that are unique.

It used to be that QW would "update" both accounts. Now it only does one or the other. If I "reset" the one that is not working, it will work, but then the other will not.

Andrew

Mar 15, 2023, 10:18:25 AM3/15/23
On 03/14/23 9:51 PM, vodil wrote:
> Something seems to have changed recently with Chase as we can no longer download all our accounts. My wife and I have different Chase logins and have some accounts that are the same and some that are unique.
>
> It used to be that QW would "update" both accounts. Now it only does one or the other. If I "reset" the one that is not working, it will work, but then the other will not.

Is this AFTER all your accounts (savings, checking, CDs, credit card,
etc.) at Chase have been converted to 'Express Web Connect+" (note the
plus sign "+")? You can see that in the ACCOUNTS tab under the
TRANSACTION DOWNLOAD column.

Different strategies depending on the answer to the above.

Regards -

- Andrew

vodil

Mar 16, 2023, 10:52:17 AM3/16/23
I want to say "Yes", but I am now thinking that each of the accounts must INDIVIDUALLY be reset. I assumed the process would handle all of them on the same login.

Andrew

Mar 16, 2023, 11:58:09 AM3/16/23
So I would suggest (as always), do a *full* backup of your Q data file.
Then do a DEACTIVATE on all your Chase accounts IF the account list
indicates all of them are not already using EWC+ . Then start with the
first Chase account and do a ACTIVATE for downloads.

You might very well find that you only need to do this ONCE per Chase
logon ID (ie: if you have a checking account along with a Credit Card
account for example, you may only need to do this once and the process
will pick up all those Chase accounts associated with the same ID).

It's possible you'll receive some duplicate transaction downloads as
well, so be aware of this. I did for my credit card accounts.

Report back. Again, remember to do the full backup first!!

Andrew

Mar 16, 2023, 11:59:43 AM3/16/23
I should also mention to make sure you 'LINK' the Chase account to the
correct Quicken account during the reactivation process. Don't allow it
to create a NEW Quicken account!

John Pollard

Mar 17, 2023, 1:52:06 PM3/17/23
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:59:43 AM UTC-5, Andrew wrote:

> I should also mention to make sure you 'LINK' the Chase account to the
> correct Quicken account during the reactivation process.

Definitely.
And to expand on Andrew's comment slightly:
Quicken will typically "try" to find an existing account to link to.
But Quicken may mistakenly link to a wrong account.

If the Quicken "Add account" dialog indicates that the downloaded account is "Linked",
make sure it is linked to the correct account
(usually you can tell by looking at the contents of the "Nickname in Quicken" column).
If Quicken's suggested "link" is not correct: you can open the "Action" dropdown, hold your cursor on
"Link to existing account", and manually choose the correct account.

vodil

Mar 18, 2023, 12:35:36 PM3/18/23
On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 10:52:06 AM UTC-7, John Pollard wrote:

OK to report back:
I did not DEACTIVATE after backing up, but rather I "reset" ALL of the bad Chase (quicken) accounts from both (Chase) on-line accounts
I found I had to uncheck the box that said to automatically add new accounts. This may have been the previous hold-up
All of the "link to" parts were correct and it had approporate "do not add" accounts listed

ATM, there are no account error messages in Quicken and it looks like thing are current. I have not had activities on all the accounts to verify with, but I am optimistic.
Thanks

Akohlbr

Aug 28, 2023, 12:45:05 AM8/28/23
I am having the same problem and am on hold with a Chase Rep , that doesn't seem to understand how Quicken operates.

--
For full context, visit https://www.beansmart.com/quicken/chase-download-issue-274503-.htm

John Pollard

Aug 28, 2023, 10:26:16 AM8/28/23
On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 11:45:05 PM UTC-5, Akohlbr wrote:

> I am having the same problem

I download credit card transactions from Chase multiple times a week;
I haven't had any problem with Chase for months.
My regular Quicken release is R50.16; I also run R51.12 in test mode.
Neither release is having any problems with Chase.

Can you provide some specifics on the problem you're having?

> and am on hold with a Chase Rep ,
> that doesn't seem to understand how Quicken operates.

You shouldn't expect frontline financial institution customer service personnel
to understand much of anything about Quicken.
But every financial institution that provides/allows downloads to Quicken
has someone assigned to be the Quicken "liaison" (not necessarily the title at the financial institution).
If you can get hold of that person, they "should" be able to provide better information.