Opening old Quicken files from Intuit Days

Andrew

Mar 26, 2023, 11:55:39 AM3/26/23
So I have about 20 old .qdf files from the 1990s. They were created
when Intuit owned Quicken. When I try to open them, Quicken is now
asking me for my userid/password. The Userid provided is greyed out and
I can't change it. I don't have that old ID/Password combination
anymore since Intuit no longer owns Quicken. Any ideas how can I open
these old files?

So I spoke to support today, and granted it's Sunday, they had not a
clue. Suggested I try sending support a request via the following link
which I will do. But I figure this forum is just as good!

https://www.quicken.com/support/e-mail-change-request-submission
Regards -

- Andrew

John Pollard

Mar 26, 2023, 12:35:42 PM3/26/23
On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 10:55:39 AM UTC-5, Andrew wrote:
> So I have about 20 old .qdf files from the 1990s.
> They were created when Intuit owned Quicken.
> When I try to open them, Quicken is now
> asking me for my userid/password.
> The Userid provided is greyed out and I can't change it.
> I don't have that old ID/Password combination
> anymore since Intuit no longer owns Quicken.
> Any ideas how can I open these old files?

Have you tried what's suggested here? https://tinyurl.com/4437nete

John Pollard

Mar 26, 2023, 1:08:39 PM3/26/23
On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 11:35:42 AM UTC-5, John Pollard wrote:

> Have you tried what's suggested here? https://tinyurl.com/4437nete

Hmmmm. Just on a lark, I clicked on the tinyurl and got a Google error - I have no idea why. Sorry about that.

Here's the full url:
https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Ken Blake

Mar 26, 2023, 1:45:27 PM3/26/23
On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 10:08:38 -0700 (PDT), John Pollard
<8plu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 11:35:42?AM UTC-5, John Pollard wrote:
>
>> Have you tried what's suggested here? https://tinyurl.com/4437nete
>
>Hmmmm. Just on a lark, I clicked on the tinyurl and got a Google error - I have no idea why. Sorry about that.

It works here.

John Pollard

Mar 26, 2023, 2:04:40 PM3/26/23
On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 12:45:27 PM UTC-5, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 10:08:38 -0700 (PDT), John Pollard wrote:
> >On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 11:35:42?AM UTC-5, John Pollard wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried what's suggested here? https://tinyurl.com/4437nete

> >Hmmmm. Just on a lark, I clicked on the tinyurl and got a Google error - I have no idea why.
> >Sorry about that.

> It works here.

Weird.
I tried making a new tinyurl (for the same original url) on my desktop PC and it also did not work. Even tried going to the tinyurl in the dialog where the tinyurl was created, got the same message. Tried on my laptop PC and got the same result. I don't recall ever having any problems with tinyurl before.

Got this (from Google):

"404. That’s an error.

"The requested URL /28KL6/66RQ8Q1/?sub1=v0304000121248fc6ac1c2f8f486d994ea314477932c7&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quicken.com%2Fsupport%2Fhow-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

Ken Blake

Mar 26, 2023, 3:05:33 PM3/26/23
On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 11:04:39 -0700 (PDT), John Pollard
<8plu...@gmail.com> wrote:
By the way, UBlock Origin didn't like the Tinyurl, but when I clicked
Proceed, it got there without a problem.

Try this: https://bit.ly/40jMbj1

John Pollard

Mar 26, 2023, 3:17:18 PM3/26/23
On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 2:05:33 PM UTC-5, Ken Blake wrote:
That worked for me.

I was planning to try one of the other options for creating shorter url's when I got a chance ...
maybe later today, if I remember.

Andrew

Mar 27, 2023, 9:20:56 AM3/27/23
So on the original screen that was blanked out this morning, I noticed
at the bottom there was a link that indicated one could sign in on an
alternative ID. So when I did that, I was in fact able to specify my
current QUICKEN ID/PASSWORD combination, and it worked fine!

Thanks for your two help; I was probably in semi-panic mode yesterday
when I was thinking I'd be unable to open these old files.