One Good Thing With EWC+

Arthur Conan Doyle

May 12, 2023, 10:05:20 AM5/12/23
Interesting that you no longer need to enter a vault password when downloading
EWC+ account transactions. Haven't done enough testing to see if it's related to
entering the vault password on boot. Nice not to have to do that for ad hoc
downloads.

--
Usenet: The world's first (and best) social network.

John Pollard

May 13, 2023, 5:00:58 PM5/13/23
On Friday, May 12, 2023 at 9:05:20 AM UTC-5, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
> Interesting that you no longer need to enter a vault password when downloading
> EWC+ account transactions. Haven't done enough testing to see if it's related to
> entering the vault password on boot. Nice not to have to do that for ad hoc
> downloads.

Neither EWC+ (Express Web Connect +) nor plain-old EWC (Express Web Connect)
store your financial institution passwords in the Password Vault: so neither
require the Password Vault password in order to do an update (One Step Update,
or Update Transactions.

Switching from EWC to EWC+ will also eliminate the need for 2FA, so One Step Updates
will not be interrupted to allow the user to respond to the 2FA request.

Naturally, if your One Step Update includes accounts using Direct Connect, you
will still need to supply the Password Vault password.

As more and more financial institutions switch to EWC+, I suspect more and more
users will be able to do OSU's without supplying a password.

When all your financial institutions are using EWC+, Scheduled Updates should
become a bit easier as well.