Vennmo, Quicken cc-503

Andrew

Sep 1, 2023, 9:06:30 AM9/1/23
Using Q on Win 11, R51.12. Starting on Tuesday or so, Venmo unable to
d/l transactions via OSU. CC-503 when I tried this AM to
deactivate/reactivate.

Many others have same issue in the Quicken Community Forum.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7939327/is-venmo-integration-broken

Stay tuned.
Regards -

- Andrew

Andrew

Sep 2, 2023, 7:44:39 AM9/2/23
On 9/1/2023 9:06 AM, Andrew wrote:
> Using Q on Win 11, R51.12.  Starting on Tuesday or so, Venmo unable to
> d/l transactions via OSU.  CC-503 when I tried this AM to
> deactivate/reactivate.
>
> Many others have same issue in the Quicken Community Forum.
>
> https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7939327/is-venmo-integration-broken
>
> Stay tuned.

They created a new thread of the above:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20381875#Comment_20381875

Andrew

Sep 6, 2023, 9:45:58 AM9/6/23
On 9/2/2023 7:44 AM, Andrew wrote:
> On 9/1/2023 9:06 AM, Andrew wrote:
>> Using Q on Win 11, R51.12.  Starting on Tuesday or so, Venmo unable to
>> d/l transactions via OSU.  CC-503 when I tried this AM to
>> deactivate/reactivate.
>>
>> Many others have same issue in the Quicken Community Forum.
>>
>> https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7939327/is-venmo-integration-broken
>>
>> Stay tuned.
>
> They created a new thread of the above:
> https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20381875#Comment_20381875

I've submit a bug report to Venmo. No one else in this NG affected by
this??

Andrew

Sep 6, 2023, 8:19:04 PM9/6/23
On 9/6/2023 9:45 AM, Andrew wrote:
> On 9/2/2023 7:44 AM, Andrew wrote:
>> On 9/1/2023 9:06 AM, Andrew wrote:
>>> Using Q on Win 11, R51.12.  Starting on Tuesday or so, Venmo unable
>>> to d/l transactions via OSU.  CC-503 when I tried this AM to
>>> deactivate/reactivate.
>>>
>>> Many others have same issue in the Quicken Community Forum.
>>>
>>> https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7939327/is-venmo-integration-broken
>>>
>>> Stay tuned.
>>
>> They created a new thread of the above:
>> https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20381875#Comment_20381875
>>

> I've submit a bug report to Venmo.  No one else in this NG affected by
> this??

So Venmo told me to go to Quicken for this issue. Quicken Anja in the
community forum posted today that Quicken has escalated this issue
internally. Perhaps the issue is 'owned' by Quicken. Stay tuned.

Andrew

Sep 6, 2023, 8:22:54 PM9/6/23
And Quicken Anja created a forum post to be able to follow their
maintenance team for this today....

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7939561/new-9-6-23-venmo-cc-503-fdp-103/p1?new=1

Andrew

Sep 13, 2023, 2:39:55 PM9/13/23
Seems fixed! An append to the Anja's forum from a user indicated they
received a download from Q and Venmo downloads now work. I didn't
receive a new download, but I had success this afternoon after trying
again. I am on QWin 52.20.

I asked the OP on the forum what level he or she was on just for yucks,
but all's well that ends well.

Andrew

Sep 14, 2023, 10:03:46 AM9/14/23
Hew too was on same 52.20 level, but my claim of success might have been
short-lived. Failed this morning again.

Andrew

Oct 31, 2023, 10:10:50 AM10/31/23
Just venting. Venmo downloads failing for all of us starting the 3rd
month as of tomorrow.

I just use it for personal payments, but some folks in the Quicken
community run their business using Venmo and they're getting quite restless.

I've often wondered what will happen when some of the FIs no longer give
up their account transactions to aggregators like Venmo.

Maybe the 'solution' is to terminate my Venmo account and simply use
PayPal which isn't quite as user friendly and immediate, but at least it
still works with Q. (And yes, I know that PayPal owns Venmo).

Andrew

Nov 1, 2023, 10:32:41 AM11/1/23
On 10/31/2023 8:37 AM, Andrew wrote:
> no longer give up their account transactions to aggregators like Venmo.

That didn't come out right. The sentence should read something like:
"I've often wondered what will happen when some of the FIs (like Venmo,
commercial banks, credit unions, or brokerage houses, etc.) no longer
give up their account transactions, balances, etc. to aggregators like
Quicken, Mint, and so on."

Some of them I've heard feel their clients account data and transactions
are a private and highly advantageous business asset and don't wish to
give that up so freely to others.

Andrew

Nov 27, 2023, 12:44:40 PM11/27/23
On 11/1/2023 10:32 AM, Andrew wrote:
> On 10/31/2023 8:37 AM, Andrew wrote:
>> no longer give up their account transactions to aggregators like Venmo.
>
> That didn't come out right.  The sentence should read something like:
> "I've often wondered what will happen when some of the FIs (like Venmo,
> commercial banks, credit unions, or brokerage houses, etc.) no longer
> give up their account transactions, balances, etc. to aggregators like
> Quicken, Mint, and so on."
>
> Some of them I've heard feel their clients account data and transactions
> are a private and highly advantageous business asset and don't wish to
> give that up so freely to others.

From a post I just made in the Community forum - and I *still* can't
believe that no one in this NG seems to care!

"I believe I've gone down this path before, but upon attempting to
activate Venmo d/ls on my Q (Deluxe for Win Build 53.16) this morning, a
miracle (must be the season) occurred and my transactions did download.
Had to clean up the duplicates and re-set the account's opening balance
to force the reconciliation to be correct (as usual with this type of
problem), but it did work!

As I mentioned, I think this did work for me once in the past few months
after the original problem in September started occurring, but we'll see
tomorrow what happens after I d/l today's Venmo transactions early
tomorrow morning."