Issues with AMEX and Q d/l?

Andrew

Apr 4, 2023, 8:14:18 AM4/4/23
Using Q 48.15 on Win11. Last two days, AMEX downloads failed. Tried to
deactivate and reactivate this morning. Three or four times I went
through the process of sign-in into the AMEX screen that was supplied
with success on that end. But upon returning to Q, it told me a server
error or timeout occurred.

Will try again tomorrow, but wonder if this is "just me", or others in
similar situation? Nothing recent in the Q User Community on their
website that I saw.

Regards -

- Andrew

Andrew

Apr 4, 2023, 8:22:31 AM4/4/23
On 4/4/2023 8:14 AM, Andrew wrote:
> Using Q 48.15 on Win11.  Last two days, AMEX downloads failed.  Tried to
> deactivate and reactivate this morning.  Three or four times I went
> through the process of sign-in into the AMEX screen that was supplied
> with success on that end.  But upon returning to Q, it told me a server
> error or timeout occurred.
>
> Will try again tomorrow, but wonder if this is "just me", or others in
> similar situation?  Nothing recent in the Q User Community on their
> website that I saw.

Should have also mentioned I did successfully log onto the AMEX website
with same set of credentials being asked for during the Q failure
scenario above.

Arthur Conan Doyle

Apr 4, 2023, 6:10:07 PM4/4/23
Andrew <and...@invalid.com> wrote:

>Using Q 48.15 on Win11. Last two days, AMEX downloads failed. Tried to
>deactivate and reactivate this morning. Three or four times I went
>through the process of sign-in into the AMEX screen that was supplied
>with success on that end. But upon returning to Q, it told me a server
>error or timeout occurred.
>
>Will try again tomorrow, but wonder if this is "just me", or others in
>similar situation? Nothing recent in the Q User Community on their
>website that I saw.

Did you convert that account over to EWC+ a few weeks ago? If not, maybe they've
turned DC off. You might try disabling online downloads, then going through the
reenable process.

--
Usenet: The world's first (and best) social network.

Arthur Conan Doyle

Apr 4, 2023, 6:11:29 PM4/4/23
Andrew <and...@invalid.com> wrote:

>Should have also mentioned I did successfully log onto the AMEX website
>with same set of credentials being asked for during the Q failure
>scenario above.

See my previous post. This suggests you are trying to do a Direct Connect
download. Amex converted over to EWC+ recently.

Andrew

Apr 5, 2023, 9:46:31 AM4/5/23
Thanks for the hints. When I said "Tried to
deactivate and reactivate this morning.", I did disable the downloads
and tried several times as stated to re-enable. Didn't work yesterday.

BUT! Today, worked like a charm to EMC+ when I went through the same
procedure as I had tried yesterday for those multiple times. So I think
perhaps it just needed to 'sit' for 24 hours before I tried to
reconnect. All's well that ends well.

Arthur Conan Doyle

Apr 5, 2023, 11:20:23 AM4/5/23
Andrew <and...@invalid.com> wrote:

>All's well that ends well.

Good.

Ken Blake

Apr 5, 2023, 11:30:28 AM4/5/23
Yes. So it was much ado about nothing.

Andrew

Apr 5, 2023, 11:49:22 AM4/5/23
On 4/5/2023 11:30 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
> Yes. So it was much ado about nothing.

In hindsight, everything that gets fixed is "much ado about nothing."

But during the time it was broken for me, certainly wasn't in my mind.

So are you saying/inferring I shouldn't have asked originally?

Ken Blake

Apr 5, 2023, 2:51:21 PM4/5/23
On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 11:49:20 -0400, Andrew <and...@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 4/5/2023 11:30 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> Yes. So it was much ado about nothing.
>
>In hindsight, everything that gets fixed is "much ado about nothing."
>
>But during the time it was broken for me, certainly wasn't in my mind.
>
>So are you saying/inferring I shouldn't have asked originally?

No, not at all. It was just my little joke: you used the name of one
Shakespeare play, so I used another.

A *very* little joke. Feel free not to laugh.

Andrew

Apr 6, 2023, 9:31:02 AM4/6/23
Oh, I get it! 😄

Edward

Apr 17, 2023, 6:13:39 AM4/17/23
My AMEX is still downloading. I am waiting for the error message as
Quicken's email suggested. I believe it also said do not deactivate, so
that could be an issue.

Andrew

Apr 17, 2023, 4:32:51 PM4/17/23
It is interesting since I got a pop up from Q (I think yesterday?) that
said this was going to happen. And just today, AMEX did NOT download
even though I did go to EMC+ a few weeks back during this thread. Well,
we'll see tomorrow what happens.

Andrew

Apr 18, 2023, 8:14:48 AM4/18/23
FWIW, AMEX d/l was fine this morning. Chalk yesterday up to a glitch.
HAPPY TAX DAY!