Community Discussion: When are they going to fix the issue of not being able to edit Tags in reports?

John Pollard

Apr 30, 2023, 3:55:28 PM4/30/23
Community Discussion: When are they going to fix the issue of not being able to edit Tags in reports?

Found at: https://tinyurl.com/4hfmk9k9

[Last Community post: April 30, 2023 @ 11:44 AM]

Users should know better than to ask "when" something is going to be fixed: they aren't going to get an answer.

It's not just that "the" answer is rarely known (with any useful precision); and it's not just that no matter what answer would be provided, it would not satisfy many users: it's also that the only people who have ANY idea when something might be fixed are too busy trying to fix it to waste their time trying to provide status reports to impatient users.

[And given the fact that Quicken typically provides an Alert discussion for significant problems - an Alert discussion where users can elect to get individually notified when the problem has been fixed - there really is no excuse for the constant whiny badgering.]

As to this specific re-tagging problem, I have already posted the workaround in this newsgroup, here: https://tinyurl.com/2ydaccum

But I have also recently noticed that release R49.22 is allowing me to mass rename payees, re-categorize, re-tag, and modify memos using the Banking > Transaction report. [Release R47.11 will not make those mass changes, and I don't recall that any release between R47.11 and R49.22 made those mass changes either.]

I do not see any reference in any of the release notes from R47.15 thru R49.22 that says that the bug has been fixed; but the bug does not appear to exist in my R49.22.

Since there is no mention of a fix in any pertinent release notes, and since the Quicken moderator in the above discussion says the problem is still being worked on: I have no idea why I'm not seeing the problem in R49.22.