Anyone try Fastspring for e-commerce?

ri...@spambutcher.com

Mar 24, 2008, 2:26:46 AM3/24/08
I fumbled into another e-commerce provider geared towards micro-ISVs /
shareware authors:

http://fastspring.com/

Anyone have any experience with them?

Alternately - has anyone switched from Regsoft / Plimus / Swreg style
e-commerce over to a proper merchant account / shopping cart
solution? If so - how bad was the transition? Do you spend a lot
more time dealing with credit-card related issues?

Unfortunately I'm having some problems with my current e-commerce
provider which is making me aggressively research alternatives. Since
they've been generally good to me - I'm going to give them a few more
days address my concerns before I gripe about it publicly.

Michael Justin

Mar 24, 2008, 10:05:20 AM3/24/08
ri...@spambutcher.com schrieb:

> I fumbled into another e-commerce provider geared towards micro-ISVs /
> shareware authors:
>
> http://fastspring.com/
>
> Anyone have any experience with them?

Their web page looks nice but I did not find something like a 'terms &
conditions' page.

The payment processing fee is 8.9%. But what is included in their
services, will they also do the tax related stuff, will they act as the
seller of the product (this is very important) and do they have their
own 'special' currency exchange rates (like other services)?

They are a little bit vague about details, there is still room for
improvements :)

Best regards
Michael Justin
--
betasoft - Software for Delphi™ and for the Java™ platform
http://www.mikejustin.com/

stormcr...@comcast.net

Mar 24, 2008, 2:10:12 PM3/24/08

I have started SoftCartPro, which directly addresses features and
concerns of people tired of the RegNow/Plimus/BMT triad of high rates
and lackluster service. 4 software vendors have already signed up in
the last 2 days, so feel free to check us out, and maybe join the
parade! 4.5% flat rate, no monthly fees or signup fees and no
minimums.

www.softcartpro.com

Michael: We do act as the seller, we don't play shell games with the
price of products and we handle VAT/tax stuff if needed. We absorb
chargebacks (to a certain point) as well.

Derek

d...@engelventures.com

Mar 28, 2008, 4:20:19 AM3/28/08
Hi Michael,

You mentioned:

The payment processing fee is 8.9%. But what is included in their
services, will they also do the tax related stuff, will they act as
the
seller of the product (this is very important) and do they have their
own 'special' currency exchange rates (like other services)?

To answer your questions, we do handle tax payment on your behalf, we
act as the seller, and we do support multi currency display. If we
can address additional questions, please email us at
in...@fastspring.com or check out our Flash movie to see our e-commerce
platform in action at:
http://www.fastspring.com

If you'd like us to create a custom order page for you based on your
site's look and feel for no charge, just let us know.

Dan Engel, CEO
FastSpring.com

--
On Mar 24, 7:05 am, Michael Justin <michael.jus...@nospam.gmx.net>
wrote:
> r...@spambutcher.com schrieb:

> > I fumbled into another e-commerce provider geared towards micro-ISVs /
> > shareware authors:
>
> >http://fastspring.com/
>
> > Anyone have any experience with them?
>
> Their web page looks nice but I did not find something like a 'terms &
> conditions' page.
>
> The payment processing fee is 8.9%. But what is included in their
> services, will they also do the tax related stuff, will they act as the
> seller of the product (this is very important) and do they have their
> own 'special' currency exchange rates (like other services)?
>
> They are a little bit vague about details, there is still room for
> improvements :)
>
> Best regards
> Michael Justin
> --

> betasoft - Software for Delphi(tm) and for the Java(tm) platformhttp://www.mikejustin.com/http://www.betabeans.de/

Michael Justin

Mar 28, 2008, 7:13:40 AM3/28/08
d...@engelventures.com schrieb:

> To answer your questions, we do handle tax payment on your behalf, we
> act as the seller, and we do support multi currency display. If we
> can address additional questions, please email us at
> in...@fastspring.com or check out our Flash movie to see our e-commerce
> platform in action at:

My main question was if there is a 'terms & conditions' document
available. I don't mind if it is presented as a web page or a contract
on paper. Preferrable it should be possible to read it before signing up.

Michael Justin

p.s. Flash movies are good old Web 1.0 & dot.com, aren't they? (SCNR)

d...@engelventures.com

Mar 28, 2008, 1:57:16 PM3/28/08
Yes, there is a standard contract. If you'd like to review it, please
drop me an email. We do not list it on the public website, it is a
confidential document for our clients.

Re: our screencast being old fashioned, I don't know that I agree.
Screencasts are still in their early stages of adoption and usage as
far as we see it.

- Dan

On Mar 28, 4:13 am, Michael Justin <michael.jus...@nospam.gmx.net>
wrote:

> d...@engelventures.com schrieb:
>
> > To answer your questions, we do handle tax payment on your behalf, we
> > act as the seller, and we do support multi currency display. If we
> > can address additional questions, please email us at

> > i...@fastspring.com or check out our Flash movie to see our e-commerce

Rohit Tagadiya

Nov 9, 2021, 11:10:55 PM11/9/21