RIVA TNT2 Mach 64 & Deus Ex

Alan Hoar

Jan 26, 2001, 1:24:59 PM1/26/01
Hi

I've just got an Athalon 1ghz with 256mb RAM and the above card. I was
surprised to see that at times Deus Ex crawls along at anything above 800 x
600.

I have downloaded Detonator 3 drivers but at times it slows to a framerate
of about 10fps. I have downloaded the patch (38mb).

Anyone any ideas or would it be worth upgrading to GeForce ? By the way what
is the difference between GeForce 2 and GeForce 2 MMX (other than one costs
twice as much).

TIA
Alan

EUPHORiA

Jan 26, 2001, 4:55:49 PM1/26/01
my m8 has gotthe same grpahics card as u! erm... have u tried installing
direct x7 or 8? ALSO what DISPLAY SETUP in game are u using? DIRECT3D,
OPENGL?? sounds like ur using SOFTWARE

"Alan Hoar" <alan...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Rudi

Jan 26, 2001, 5:38:58 PM1/26/01

General question to the tec愀 here:.
is the detonator 3 driver good for TNT2 ?
I never tried and keep the 368 driver.Works ....( thanks Rick).
System has never been so stable.
Rudi

CPU (1) AMD K6-2 with MultiMedia Extensions@502 MHz
Video Board NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Video Mode 800x600@16bits/pixel
RAM 160 MB
OS Windows 98 4.10.2222 A

Area Tested Value
CPU Integer 1095,948 MIPS
CPU Floating Point 603,134 MFLOPS
Video(2D) 68,60365 MPixels/s
Direct3D 133,2946 MPixels/s
OpenGL 100,1969 MPixels/s
Memory 733,7786 MB/s
Cached Disk 60,65815 MB/s
Uncached Disk 4,680749 MB/s

OC C:150/M:175

Alan Hoar <alan...@btinternet.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:94sgh7$due$1...@uranium.btinternet.com...

Karateka

Jan 26, 2001, 6:08:35 PM1/26/01
Ran perfectly smooth on P2-333, 192MB ram and TNT2-M64 for me.
Not sure why it's so bad on your computer.
The MX is like the M64 for TNT2, slower card with half the memory bandwidth.

voodoo

Jan 26, 2001, 8:37:08 AM1/26/01
the deusEx better play in glide mode with 3dfx card (voodoo 2/3/4/5),
i playing deusEx using voodoo banshee, got the fps higher than who using
geforge2mx.
"Rudi" <9754...@worldonline.dk> wrote in message

Alan Hoar

Jan 27, 2001, 2:59:20 AM1/27/01
Using Direct3D. The annoying thing is that it's intermittent. When I start
it zips along quite smartly but later it starts to slow.

May try using OpenGL and see if that helps.

Alan
"EUPHORiA" <post-2-NG-n-...@break-time.ok> wrote in message

Sebastian Langner

Jan 28, 2001, 9:14:02 AM1/28/01
I just got an Duron@650 MHz and a normal Riva TNT2 (no M64) but Deus Ex runs
like it is supposed to using Direct3D!!! So that must be a problem of the
M64 Chip!

"Alan Hoar" <alan...@btinternet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag