Creative Riva TNT (PCI) & Soyo 5EAS

1 view

Jürgen Sachse

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Hallo alle zusammen,
ich versuche verzweifelt die Grafikkarte mit meinem Mainboard zum laufen zu
bringen, aber keine Erfolge, nur 640x480x16 geht.
bisher habe ich:
neueste Treiber von Soyo und Creative,

Gibt es vielleicht totale Unverträglichkeit ??

Adam Nutz

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99

There should be no incompatibilities there, not hardware anyway. I think what
you have is a software problem... make sure you have correct drivers for your
monitor... when in doubt, you can always reinstall windows.
MindTwist7
--
root@localhost
admin@localhost

Eat that, spammers! PLEASE copy this and paste it to your sig card.

One Winged Angel

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Jürgen Sachse <j.sa...@t-online.de> from Germany (next-door to France, poor

sods) said:
> Hallo alle zusammen,
> ich versuche verzweifelt die Grafikkarte mit meinem Mainboard zum laufen
zu
> bringen, aber keine Erfolge, nur 640x480x16 geht.
> bisher habe ich:
> neueste Treiber von Soyo und Creative,
>
> Gibt es vielleicht totale Unverträglichkeit ??

Could be a bad motherboard, but try flashing the BIOS, get the latest
drivers, reinstall Windows, post your replies in English, format, try the
latest drivers for your card, summon Satan all over your harddrive and see
if he can help, pray, possibly a new motherboard, and so on...

--

Estuans interius ira vehementi
Sors immanis et inanis

Jürgen Sachse

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Thanks for Your fast answer,
I beleve the monitor is the problem, it is a no-name-device
on the labe is written PX-765, an in the manual digital AutoScan color
monitor withup to 1024x768 pixels non-interlaced by maximum 85Hz refresh
rate!

Do You know what ist is compatible to?

jürgen

Adam Nutz

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99

Sounds like a decent monitor, so I think it should be compatible... it may just
be set as an unknown device. You may want to set your monitor (in the display
settings) as a Plug and Play, or a generic Super VGA.. It would be best if you
could find out who the manufacturer is, and download drivers from them.
Good luck :)

@ndrew

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Try getting the utility HZTOOL from here:
http://home2.sbbs2.com/doxx/

This site may help a little as well:
http://planeta.clix.pt/10aine/aFAQ/
or mirror here:
http://timms.web.ag
regards
@ndrew

One Winged Angel <bladeru...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

Jürgen Sachse

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Thank You all for Your help,

the Board works fine now after
- selecting the middle pci-slot (1. and 3. didn´t work) and
- reinstalling the soundcard driver

jürgen