Old CCC v10.12 have temperature readings for a very old ATI AIW 9600 video card?

Ant

Dec 30, 2013, 7:01:11 PM12/30/13
Hello.

I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2 PC's
video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since it keeps
corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+ and no
problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my home's XP
Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Individually, ants are stupid. Together, they're brilliant." --unknown
| |o o| |

~misfit~

Feb 10, 2014, 7:39:33 PM2/10/14
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
> PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
> it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
> and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my
> home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely depend on the
OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have one... Maybe find an old
copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh, wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will
probably find it! Just pick stand alone version' rather than 'install' the
first time you double-click it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
--
</Shaun>

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

Ant

Feb 12, 2014, 1:34:33 PM2/12/14
> > I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
> > PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
> > it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
> > and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my
> > home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?

> Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely depend on the
> OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have one... Maybe find an old
> copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh, wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will
> probably find it! Just pick stand alone version' rather than 'install' the
> first time you double-click it.

> http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Its sensors tab only showed two GPU clocks (Core and Memory). From
what I was told in other ATI/AMD forums, this ancient video card doesn't
have any temperature sensors. :(
--
Quote of the Week: "I think the ants are waking up -- they need to start
farming so..." --Erin from The Office (U.S.) S7E18 (Todd Packer).

~misfit~

Feb 13, 2014, 6:06:05 AM2/13/14
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
>>> I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
>>> PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
>>> it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
>>> and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in
>>> my home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?
>
>> Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely
>> depend on the OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have
>> one... Maybe find an old copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh,
>> wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will probably find it! Just pick stand
>> alone version' rather than 'install' the first time you double-click
>> it.
>
>> http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
>
> Its sensors tab only showed two GPU clocks (Core and Memory). From
> what I was told in other ATI/AMD forums, this ancient video card
> doesn't have any temperature sensors. :(

Oh well - I tried. :-/

Ant

Feb 13, 2014, 9:28:50 AM2/13/14
On 2/13/2014 3:06 AM PT, ~misfit~ typed:

> Oh well - I tried. :-/

Yea, thanks. So far, not running hot 3D does not corrupt my Windows XP OS.
--
"The evaluator counts the ants at the picnic of progress." --Mohan Singh
| |o o| |

~misfit~

Feb 13, 2014, 4:02:31 PM2/13/14
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
> On 2/13/2014 3:06 AM PT, ~misfit~ typed:
>
>> Oh well - I tried. :-/
>
> Yea, thanks. So far, not running hot 3D does not corrupt my Windows
> XP OS.

Sweet! I have a few AGP cards in a box here that have got to the stage where
they're not worth the packaging up to sell and I no longer run gear that old
(other than a couple of bullet-proof ThinkPads). Alas, I'm in New Zealand or
I'd offer them to you. I've got a sweet little Gigabyte GV-R900c Pro / 64MB
that's been in several computers and never missed a beat and a Gainward GF
Ti4400 'Golden Sample' / 128MB likewise...

(I had a few later AGP cards but found that they don't live as long as these
beauties - maybe capacitor plague?)

Cheers,