Leaked caps on my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card?

Ant

Sep 19, 2015, 8:38:56 PM9/19/15
http://imgur.com/a/HxFJs

I wonder if this is why my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card is hot and
crashing in some computer games.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Ants can lift up to 50 times their own weight. And
your monitor is missing. Time to bring out the bugspray." --BBspot's

Ed Light

Sep 20, 2015, 1:24:52 AM9/20/15
On 9/19/2015 5:38 PM, Ant wrote:
> http://imgur.com/a/HxFJs
>
> I wonder if this is why my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card is hot and
> crashing in some computer games.

Maybe there is a leaky electrolytic capacitor in there. Back in the day,
there were alot of them, from one company, that infected even major
brand motherboards. You can see that the top of the cap is swollen.

To avoid such things, look for products with Japanese capacitors.

The company had stolen a formula for capacitors, but it was incomplete.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at
sp...@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

Ant

Sep 20, 2015, 5:51:44 PM9/20/15
Ed Light <nob...@nobody.there> wrote:
> On 9/19/2015 5:38 PM, Ant wrote:
> > http://imgur.com/a/HxFJs
> >
> > I wonder if this is why my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card is hot and
> > crashing in some computer games.

> Maybe there is a leaky electrolytic capacitor in there. Back in the day,
> there were alot of them, from one company, that infected even major
> brand motherboards. You can see that the top of the cap is swollen.

> To avoid such things, look for products with Japanese capacitors.

It's hard to see the caps on them. Anyways, in the current setup, there
are no other electronics above this video card's stickers area. Just a
80mm case fan. Maybe in the past, they did. I rarely look at my computer
internals, so I don't remember if the stickers had the colorings before.
--
Quote of the Week: "When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things
the clearest. It's hard to care about ants when you're soaring with