SilverFast Sopport (or lack of)

Stephen

Aug 3, 2009, 7:38:35 AM8/3/09
Has anyone managed to get any decent support from LaserSoft SilverFast?

If so please let me into the secret of getting good support from them.

Recently got a Plustek 7500i film scanner that came with the SilverFast SE
Plus software to operate it along with QuickScan software. Now the QuickScan
software works perfectly on all settings proving that the scanner isn't
faulty. However the SilverFast software doesn't work correctly and not at
all when doing multiscan or multiple exposure settings.

The problem is that during these processes the SilverFast software will
either hang or produce red or green coloured cast bands of varying widths
and with a position shift at the bottom of the scan. This results in the
final images having red or green coloured ghosting shadows to them. Doing a
single pass scan is a lottery whether the software will hang or produce the
coloured cast banding.

Now getting well fed up with the support from LaserSoft as when I post the
problem on their website I get an email back telling me to upgrade to the
latest version of their software and the latest drivers for the scanner.
This I've done but when email them back stating this with log files and
example images it all goes quiet. If post again to the website I just get
the same comment to upgrade to latest version and drivers. I did post to the
Forums on their website with the result that they pulled the posting and
personally replied to me again to upgrade drivers and software version. I've
yet again replied to the email but again its gone very quiet. Arrrrgh!

To say that I'm less than impressed by the lack of support from LaserSoft
SilverFast is an understatement. To put it bluntly its total crap!

The trouble is that without the software the film scanner is just an
expensive door stop.

Robert Smith

Aug 20, 2009, 3:58:46 PM8/20/09
You may need a complete software upgrade depending on your operating system.

"Stephen" <newsm...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Stephen

Aug 27, 2009, 7:27:45 PM8/27/09
"Robert Smith" <rg...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> You may need a complete software upgrade depending on your operating
> system.

Found that the problem lies within the scanner hardware, firmware or
drivers. One of them is conflicting with something but all the other imaging
devices work together without a problem so deduced the conflict is due to
the Plustek film scanner. Now getting support from Plustek is an art in
itself as it takes two or more days for a reply to come back. Its looking as
if this second Plustek film scanner will be soon heading back as faulty if
Plustek don't get their fingers out.

Stephen