Film scanner for 35mm nagatives

Hilbert

Jun 7, 2009, 11:40:09 PM6/7/09
I have a load of negative 35mm films that need to be converted to
digital, does anyone know if any places that offers a service that do
that? Or should I consider buying a film scanner? I don't know if the
affordable consumer film scanner will be able to provide good enough
quality of the resulting images. If you have any brand to recommend
please let me know. Very much appreciated.

CSM1

Jun 8, 2009, 10:13:31 AM6/8/09
"Hilbert" <min...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You might try the hits on a Google search for film scanning labs.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=film+scanning+labs&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

bms...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2009, 3:19:35 PM6/9/09

How good a quality do you need, ie, how will you use the images? At
what final output size?

Good quality 35mm film scanners will probably give you better quality
than mass scanned, reasonably priced bulk scans from a service. But
film scanning is a pretty slow process, and if you have a LOT to scan,
you're liable to quit before you get them all done. I'd suggest you
try one or two of the commercial labs that bulk scan, and see if the
resulting files are "good enough" for whatever your final purpose.
Brad