What's the best printer and scanner bundled to get for old Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux/Debian machines?

Ant

Aug 25, 2012, 11:11:14 AM8/25/12
Hello.

What are the best bundled color printer + scanner devices that can do
general printings (mostly web pages, documents (Word, PDFs, etc.),
PowerPoint slides, etc.; rarely photographs/photos., greeting cards,
etc.) and scanning (rarely)? I am trying to find one that will work well
with old computers (Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP Pro. SP3, Linux/Debian
stable, etc.) and future computer replacements/upgrades. It needs a
cable connection and optional wireless (e.g., smartphones like
iPhones?). Laser would be nice since ink sucks and are expensive! :(
Local retail stores preferred to see in person to feel/touch, test, etc.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Above ground I shall be food for kites; below I shall be food for
mole-crickets and ants. Why rob one to feed the other?" --Juang-zu (4th