6BB won't run at 100Mhz

kk

Aug 18, 2001, 4:41:21 PM8/18/01
Need a little help and advise. I have a ST-6BB V1.01. I use this for my
firewall.

I started getting the siren of death, sounds like an ambulance, two tone.
After twidling, I can get the board up and running with an Intel PII350,
66Mhz dimm and sw1 shorted. However, the bios only sees it as a 133Mhz cpu.

When I try and open sw1 to 100Mhz and put 100Mhz memory and a PIII450, I get
the sirens again. I have flashed the cmos with a5 and a6 bin files and no
difference.

I was wondering if I lost some part of my bios chip or did I blow the
voltage regulators on the MB?

Thanks in advance.

Karl

Wizard Prang

Aug 18, 2001, 8:42:07 PM8/18/01
My advice would be to get in touch with Soyo tech support. If the
board is bad they will replace it under warranty or for about $30 if
it is out of warranty.

Prang.

John Howland

Aug 20, 2001, 2:07:35 PM8/20/01
That MoBo is not rated to run a PIII, PII & early Celeron's only. Do you
have a current BIOS??

--

---------------------------
Specialty Tech, Lake Forest, CA - USA

"kk" <gc...@starband.net> wrote in message

John Howland

Aug 20, 2001, 2:09:01 PM8/20/01
Since it's an out of date & production MoBo I doubt if they can replace
it... an no they will NOT replace any MoBo for $30 when out of warranty.

--

---------------------------
Specialty Tech, Lake Forest, CA - USA
--------------------------

"Wizard Prang" <wizard...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Wizard Prang

Aug 21, 2001, 7:30:43 AM8/21/01
John,

I speak from experience here.

They replaced mine about three months ago for that amount.

Prang

Wizard Prang

Aug 21, 2001, 7:34:38 AM8/21/01
Not True. The 6BB with the latest BIOS update will handle PIII, but
Katmai only.

They will all handle up to 550MHz, some will handle the 600MHz part.

Prang.

John Howland

Aug 21, 2001, 12:44:10 PM8/21/01
That's true - will not support a Coppermine PIII.

--

Specialty Tech - Main Boards, CPU, Memory and more...

John Howland