SY-6BB Fastest Processor

CGray

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
What is the fastest PIII processor will this board accept.

John Howland

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
Fastest non Coppermine 100MHz FSB CPU made...

--

----------
Specialty Tech - Mainboard's, CPU's, Memory & More...

Mage!

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
Excuse the stupid question... but which one might that be?

John Howland

Dave O

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
I believe the last (fastest 100MHz FSB) non-Coppermine CPU from Intel is the
PIII-600. Please note the PIII-600 also comes in a Coppermine version
designated as a 600E and a 133MHz FSB version designated as 600B. It
appears the last non-Coppermine Celeron will be the 533.

Good luck,

Dave

> Fair enough.... is there a URL where I can see which ones are
> Coppermines and which are not? I have checked intel's site but it
> seems to lead me round in circles. A comparison table would be nice...
>
> In addition, what is the maximum multiplie for the 6BB V1.0? Last time
> I looked I believe that it was 6.5 with the latest BIOS, which would
> lend itself to a maximum non-overclocked speed of 650MHz... or am I
> missing something?

Mage!

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00

Mage!

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00
Thanks - anyone out there had any difficulty of problems with the
PIII-600 on the 6BB? Any good reports?

Mage!

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 22:28:47 -0700, "Dave O" <dokane...@uswest.net>