6BBv1.0 and Geforce?

1 view

Joachim Granström

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Hi folks!
Just wondering if this combinations would cause any problems,
6BBv1.0+Geforce or 6BBv1.0+Geforce2.

Thanks

John Howland

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
I'd be surprised if there aren't problems....

--

----------
Specialty Tech - Mainboard's, CPU's, Memory & More...

Joachim Granström <Joachim....@hem.utfors.se> wrote in message

Joachim Granström

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Thanks for the answer John!

So you think that the combo of 6BB and Geforce isn´t worth a try? If not,
why?

Sorry for this, but I just want to make sure not to buy something that won´t
work!

Ps Still waiting to hear from someone who have tried to put a Celeron2 in
the 6BBv1.0 Ds

Joachim

"John Howland" <jhow...@specialtytech.com> skrev i meddelandet

Chuck Andersen

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
: Ps Still waiting to hear from someone who have tried to put a Celeron2 in
: the 6BBv1.0 Ds
: Joachim

I tried it on a 6bb-v1.0, msi ms-6905 master slocket, and a Celery
coppermine 533. Tried various settings on the slocket, nothing but
alarm at boot. Ended up buying a cheap used Abit BH6, fired it up
at 1.6v 533 @ 824 (8*103), came right up. My kids now have the 6bb,
300a@450. :)

John Howland

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Because the 6BB is a version 1.0 AGP, the GeForce is 2.0... GeForce has problems on lots of AGP
v1.0 MoBo's - especially due to the 3.3v current draw, even worse with an AT MoBo then an ATX.

Number of users have tried "Coppermine" Celeron's on the 6BB, all I've heard from report it wont
boot.

Time to upgrade your MoBo if you want to use some of the latest components...

--

----------

> Thanks for the answer John!
>
> So you think that the combo of 6BB and Geforce isn´t worth a try? If not,
> why?
>
> Sorry for this, but I just want to make sure not to buy something that won´t
> work!
>

> Ps Still waiting to hear from someone who have tried to put a Celeron2 in
> the 6BBv1.0 Ds
>
> Joachim

Joachim Granström

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
Hi again!

Just want to say thanks to you guys for helping me out with this "problem",
a special thanks to Nickos for the mail!

With this in mind, I will probably make an mobo upgrade soon, so now is the
question, what mobo to buy? Should it be an BX-board (ex 6BA+4) or an 133Mhz
board (VIA or Intel).

BTW my current mobo-cpu comb are:
Soyo 6BBv1.0-Celery300A@504MHz stable.

Thanks a lot!