NEED HELP! Celeron II on Soyo Board

Rich

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
I've got a Soyo SY-6BB v.1.0 board with a Celeron II 566 & MSI 6905 v.2.3
sloket. I'm getting an error message at startup "I-MMX CPU at 98MHz" and it
freezes. I found one page on the web that says that I probably have an old
version of the BIOS however I had the newest 1A8, and I also tried the one
specific to my v1.0 board 1A6 and it still doesn't work.

What could be the problem?
Please email me at te...@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot,

Richie

Chuck Andersen

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Richie,
I tried the exact setup as you, but a celery2 533a. I got nothing but
alarm at boot, sounds like maybe you are a bit further? Soyo and John
Howland have indicated that coppermine will not work on 6bb v1.0.
Chuck