Why do I get a post with "mmx cpu 98 MHz" with soyo 6bb with a slocket fcpga ?

orbital

Feb 12, 2002, 3:31:30 AM2/12/02
Hi

I get this boot posting and freeze just after message. I have tried
with a PII 233, it runs fine. With this cpu I have tried in the bios
to set on first bios page: Halt on no errors. But that does not matter
for the fcpga adapter boot. I have used both a fcpga adapter working
on more modern slot1 boards and a powerleap PL-iP3 adapter with its
own voltage regulator. Still the same always.

Any ideas ?

Isn't it correct that many have run celeron 300A@450 on soyo 6bb. So
it can't be a total celeron neglection.

best regards

John

T Thome

Feb 12, 2002, 10:59:59 AM2/12/02
If it is a flip chip, many older BIOS do not grok the CPUIP string and give
up... your board understands old school Celeron's (Mendicino chips) and
P2/P3 old school, but Soyo never released a BIOS to support Coppermine.

Looks like you are unsupported with a flip-chip on this board. This would
include any FCPGA chip... Celeron or P///

Tim

"orbital" <johnkn...@mailme.dk> wrote in message

John Howland

Feb 12, 2002, 11:52:32 AM2/12/02
The 6BB BIOS can't have Coppermine support added to it, the BIOS chip is
too small for the extra data needed.

--

---------------
Specialty Tech - Main Boards, CPU, Memory and more...

"T Thome" <t_t...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

orbital

Feb 13, 2002, 2:43:55 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:52:32 GMT, "John Howland"
<jhow...@specialtytech.com> wrote:

> The 6BB BIOS can't have Coppermine support added to it, the BIOS chip is
>too small for the extra data needed.

Thanks John, I will try to get a PIII 500 on EBay.

best regards

John