Soyo tech support - the worst!

Don't Spam Me

May 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/11/00
Every time I've e-mailed Soyo tech support, in their reply they
just cite something from one of their FAQs, and this occurred
even when the original e-mail to them cited very same FAQ.
They definitely need to do something about their reading
comprehension and short term memory problems.

Tony Hwang

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
I wonder if it is their automated e-mail reply system.(No human
involved)
Tony

G. Brindel

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
Try calling them. I called them awhile back and it was not at all difficult to
get through to a helpful human.

Istman

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
Same here, sometimes you have to drop a quarter.

"G. Brindel" <brin...@netscape.net> wrote in message

Don't Spam Me

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
In article <391B4CEF...@home.com>, Tony Hwang

<28103...@home.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I wonder if it is their automated e-mail reply system.(No human
>involved)
>Tony

I originally thought so, but each reply varied slightly and was
personalized just enough to prove otherwise. My impression is
that Soyo doesn't hire qualified people or train their employees
well enough.

David Shepherd

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Don't Spam Me wrote:

> Every time I've e-mailed Soyo tech support, in their reply they
> just cite something from one of their FAQs, and this occurred
> even when the original e-mail to them cited very same FAQ.
> They definitely need to do something about their reading
> comprehension and short term memory problems.

Agree - asked them if the 6ba+-iii supports coppermine CPUs with 100MHz
FSB and slot-1 packaging and got an immediate response of "no, FC-PGA
chips are not supported".

BTW, anyone got a "definitive" answer as to whether a 700MHz slot-1
coppermine would work in a 6ba+-iii. N.b. I purchased the mboard last
July so I fear it was an early-ish model.

Bill Richardson

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
Look at the post titled "Coppermine Support" farther down on the list.
"David Shepherd" <da...@shepherd-family.net> wrote in message

Bill Richardson

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
There is a link to www.specialtytech.com they have a list under tech notes.

John Howland

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
As per Soyo USA in writing to their dealers: 6BA+ III if PCB "D" or "E" if using BIOS 2AA3 or
later BIOS.

--

----------
Specialty Tech - Mainboard's, CPU's, Memory & More...

PJ

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
I don't know but I agree that thier support sucks. 6 different times I
emailed a question and have never recieved a response
Pete

On Fri, 12 May 2000 00:14:40 GMT, Tony Hwang <28103...@home.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I wonder if it is their automated e-mail reply system.(No human
>involved)
>Tony

John Howland

GRL

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Investing in a phone call is worthwhile with them. I had a heck of a time
burning in a new BIOS revision on my SY-6BB using their utility until I
called them (only waited ~10 minutes) and the fellow immediately told me how
to do it. (Extremely obscure procedure; even John Howland didn't know
anything about it. You have to disconnect the IDE hard drives and then boot
up from a floppy and run the ulility. Very weird, but it worked.)

- GRL

"When someone annoys you, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, but
only 4 muscles
to extend your arm and smack them on the back of the head."

Bill Richardson <maje...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

> There is a link to www.specialtytech.com they have a list under tech
notes.

> "David Shepherd" <da...@shepherd-family.net> wrote in message
> >

> > Don't Spam Me wrote:
> > >
> > > Every time I've e-mailed Soyo tech support, in their reply they
> > > just cite something from one of their FAQs, and this occurred
> > > even when the original e-mail to them cited very same FAQ.
> > > They definitely need to do something about their reading
> > > comprehension and short term memory problems.
> > >
> > > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
> Network *
> > > The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

Bluegrass

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
On Sun, 28 May 2000 06:52:20 GMT, David Shepherd
<da...@shepherd-family.net> wrote:
Soyo is the worse company in the world next to microsoft. All I ever
gotten from soyo in their replies is a blank email message, no words
or anything completely blank email message so now I will never ever
purchase another soyo product ever again at least even with pc chips I
get replies in the very same day or at least the very next day.

Nickos

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
You have to be direct with Soyo. I had asked if the Soyo 6BB v1 supported
the coppermine and they referred me to their faq. Then I decided to send
them another email and ask if the mobo supports 1.5 volts (voltage needed
for the Celeron II). Sadly I was told it would only go as low as 2 volts.
;-(

The PIII/Celeron II are similar to PII/CeleronI except there are additional
instructions in the CPU for handling 3D/multimedia and the required voltages
are different. You shouldn't need a BIOS upgrade to recognize the CPU (it
should function alright), but you must make certain the motherboard can give
the right voltage.

I've received two prompt replies from soyo when I sent them email. They
must not have liked or understood your question. Make sure is very direct
and you only ask one question per email. Otherwise they'll never give you a
good response.

Nickos

"Bluegrass" <Bluegra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Luis Constantino

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
I had a Coppermine FC-PGA 500 with an Iwill adapter2, and It worked just
fine, so I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work with the Slot 1 part.
Might need to update the bios.

--
Thank you,
Luis Constantino