6BB - new BIOS will be released

larrymo...@my-deja.com

Aug 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/24/00
I just received the following e-mail from Soyo UK about a new BIOS for
the 6BB motherboard, but I don't know if it applies to both versions of
the board:

"Our BIOS team in Soyo head office, are looking in to this
matter and there will be a BIOS released at a later date.

FAE Department
Soyo (UK) Ltd"

I'm hoping for Coppermine and >32GB HD support. :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

John Howland

Aug 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/24/00
Can't have Coppermine support (at least PIII) due to the size of the BIOS chip...

--

----------
Specialty Tech - Mainboard's, CPU's, Memory & More...

Rich

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
In article <8o3s04$9on$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, larrymo...@my-deja.com wrote:
>I just received the following e-mail from Soyo UK about a new BIOS for
>the 6BB motherboard, but I don't know if it applies to both versions of
>the board:
>
> "Our BIOS team in Soyo head office, are looking in to this
> matter and there will be a BIOS released at a later date.
>
> FAE Department
> Soyo (UK) Ltd"
>
>I'm hoping for Coppermine and >32GB HD support. :)
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Does this board support Celeron II FC-PGA's ??

John Howland

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Nope & can't support a Coppermine PIII due to the BIOS chip being to
small - not enough room for the needed code. Might be able to support a
Coppermine Celeron, but I'd not hold your breath...

--

Rich <te...@hotmail.com> wrote in message