Did Soyo ever make AT form factor Slot 1 BX board?

1 view

Rob

Dec 16, 2001, 12:23:47 PM12/16/01
If so, what was the model number? If not, did any motherboard maker make
such a board?

tonys

Dec 16, 2001, 12:54:17 PM12/16/01
yes...I had one...trying to remember what it was...

sy-6bb ...I think

tony
"Rob" <r...@nomail.please.com> wrote in message

Count Scrofula

Dec 16, 2001, 1:51:55 PM12/16/01
Yup. Nice board, but I don't think it did coppermines (but I'm not
positive).

tonys <aar...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Dec 16, 2001, 10:04:22 PM12/16/01
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeeds.com ***

Count Scrofula <bre...@asxbestosjuxstice.com> wrote:

>Yup. Nice board, but I don't think it did coppermines (but I'm not
>positive).

Soyo told people that a new BIOS for it would be released this year to
break the 33GB HD size barrier, but so far nothing beyong BIOSes 1A6 and
1A8.

The 6BB has a 3.3V voltage regulator right in front of the DIMM sockets that
runs scorching hot, 80-90C, and can benefit from a heatsink or some air
flow.

-----== Over 90,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Rob

Dec 16, 2001, 10:33:42 PM12/16/01
Hmm, thought that was a LX. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Count Scrofula

Dec 17, 2001, 9:30:12 AM12/17/01
Definitely an early BX board, which is why I doubt it will handle the lower
coppermine core voltages.

Nice overclocking AT board for the older P2/P3/Celerons. Seems like I ran a
P2-333 on mine at 450 a few years ago.

Rob <r...@nomail.please.com> wrote in message

John Howland

Dec 17, 2001, 2:48:44 PM12/17/01
Correct...

--

Specialty Tech - Main Boards, CPU, Memory and more...

John Howland

John Howland