SY 6BB and PIII possible?

tne...@cs.uah.edu

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00

Hi -
I know that Soyo claims that the SY-6BB motherboard
supports the first-generation of Pentium III CPU (at least up to
550 MHz) on 100 MHz bus. Has anyone out there actually
gotten the 6BB to run stably with a P/III? If so,
please post or email experiences. I'm interested in
which version of the BIOS you used and what size power
supply and what type video card you were able to use.
Is this board stable with P/III as CPU?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Stuart Bouchey

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
Three systems with Intel Retail Box 550, bios 6bb-1a8.bin and Creative TNT
video board. One with 500 and Matrox G200.

John Howland

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
Yes, but a Katmai core only - Coppermine is not supported.

--

----------
Specialty Tech - Mainboard's, CPU's, Memory & More...

Struck & Hilligus

Oct 6, 2000, 1:43:34 AM10/6/00
PIII 550
Elsa Erazor III Pro ViVo
newest bios for 6BB V.10 (see SOYO Homepage)
230W AT power supply
and a lot of cards (ISDN, SCSI)

Norbert Weide

larrymo...@my-deja.com

Oct 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/6/00
In article <8rjosc$ioh$12$1...@news.t-online.com>,

"Struck & Hilligus" <Struck-...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> PIII 550
> Elsa Erazor III Pro ViVo
> newest bios for 6BB V.10 (see SOYO Homepage)

Is that the 1.01A6 BIOS, or is a newer one available?

I checked Soyo's web sites in Taiwan, USA, UK, and Germany but didn't
find anything newer than this.

Wizard Prang

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
So the 600MHz Katmai part will work on a 6bb V1.0?

PRANG!

John Howland

Struck & Hilligus

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00

yes, that's the bios version I'm using.
In this newsgroups was a message, that an update will be coming soon (HDD >
32 GB suport), but no answer from Soyo.

Norbert Weide
Struck & Hilligus

<larrymo...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> In article <8rjosc$ioh$12$1...@news.t-online.com>,
> "Struck & Hilligus" <Struck-...@t-online.de> wrote:

> > Hi,
> > PIII 550
> > Elsa Erazor III Pro ViVo
> > newest bios for 6BB V.10 (see SOYO Homepage)
>

> Is that the 1.01A6 BIOS, or is a newer one available?
>
> I checked Soyo's web sites in Taiwan, USA, UK, and Germany but didn't
> find anything newer than this.

Bruno Vuan Lockhart

Oct 9, 2000, 8:30:04 PM10/9/00
I installed a 6BB in an AT case, a celeron 466 370 with adaptor, and
it did not start, no video. With the same configuration I replaced the
celeron 466 by a PII 333, and all worked fine. I also installed the
celeron 466 and its adaptor on the computer I have borrowed the PII 333,
and there everything run ok too.

The 6bb is v 1.0 and bios 1a6.

Memory is 64 MB PC100 and I tried with several video cards and allways the
same problem.

Does anybody know which are the celerons 370 that can be used on the 6bb?

Thank you,

Bruno