What CPU (Voltage and MHz) is possible for GA 6BXE?

Sebastian Leu

Jul 30, 2002, 9:28:47 AM7/30/02

I'm having a GA 6BXE MBD and I want to upgrade from 300 MHz Celeron to
something faster.

Now my question:

What is possible with my Revision 1.9 Board?
On Ebay are some Slot 1 CPU's with 1.65 Volts and with 2.0 Volts.
Which can I use on my board and what is the max. useable MHz rate for CPU's
on the board?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sebastian

Jeff Cochrane

Jul 30, 2002, 6:52:16 PM7/30/02
Sebastion,

With the the BXE rev 1.9 board the following maximum processor speeds apply.

SLOT 1 - 550MHz Intel Pentium III (Katmai cored processors only) <- These are the
2 volt processors
SLOT 1 - 500MHz - 1000MHz Coppermine cored processors are UNSUPPORTED. <- These
are the 1.65 - 1.75 volt processors.
SOCKET 370 - PPGA - All Intel Celerons to 533MHz
SOCKET 370 - FCPGA - PIII - With the appropriate Slotket (One that is fitted with
an onboard voltage regulator), 850MHz is the official limit for PIII's (That is,
any PIII processor up to 850MHz that uses a 100MHz Front Side Bus).
SOCKET 370 - FCPGA - CELERON - With the appropriate Slotket (One fitted with a
voltage regulator), 1000MHz is the official limit for Celeron's.
SOCKET 370 - FCPGA2 - PIII & CELERON- None! (The Tualatin cored processors are NOT
compatible with this board, even with a PowerLeap convertor as there is NO BIOS
SUPPORT for these processors and as a result, it will not boot)

Slotkets known to work with the BXE that provide voltage regulation are the IWill
Slotket II and the ABit Slotket !!!.

HTH

--
Jeff C.
Jeff's Computers.

"And each year we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns." - Donald
Rumsfeld

"Sebastian Leu" <sebast...@sap.com> wrote in message

---
Bhgtbvat znvy vf pregvsvrq Ivehf Serr.