Need info on EP-MVP3C

1 view

Knott Tellin

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00

Hello all,

I asked Epox Support for this info over ad over and
kept getting differnt answers. Can anyone here help?

#1- Where do I get an USB adapter? The suggested locations
say they are only for the EP-58MVP3C mainboard. I asked
Epox if these were the same boards and they warned me no
to use non epox usb connector as it might damage the mobo
and void teh warranty. Then another email said it could be
used. I then asked for the USB pinout for my mobo and found
a 58MVP3C manual on one of their site and the pinouts were
VERY different. Has anyone gotten a USB connector to work
on their MPV3C (non 58) and if so where did you get it?

#2 - What are the pinouts for the AT (not ATX) power connector?
Epox just flat out wouldn't answer that.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Gene Pool

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00

#1: check out www.cablesnmor.com under their USB section. Inquire
about a pinout for the 16 pin cable and compare it to the 3C's pinout
I use their 10 pin USB riser on my FIC board and it works fine.

Also check out www.paragoncomp.com in their motherboard/accessories
section. They list two such USB adapters. Perhaps they can help.

If possible could you post the pinout you got for the 3C. I got a
pinout for the 3C2 and would like to compare.

2) I can't believe I don't have this handy. Will look and post it
later.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 23:01:37 GMT, ano...@apexmail.com (Knott Tellin)

dspeers

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00

Knott Tellin <ano...@apexmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello all,
>
> I asked Epox Support for this info over ad over and
> kept getting differnt answers. Can anyone here help?
>
> #1- Where do I get an USB adapter?

Check out http://www.axiontech.com

They sell Epox motherboards and list the usb cable as a $9.95 item.

dave speers

http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

Knott Tellin

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
On 08 Jan 2000 21:27:16 EST, Gene Pool <m...@you.net> wrote:

>#1: check out www.cablesnmor.com under their USB section. Inquire
>about a pinout for the 16 pin cable and compare it to the 3C's pinout
>I use their 10 pin USB riser on my FIC board and it works fine.
>
>Also check out www.paragoncomp.com in their motherboard/accessories
>section. They list two such USB adapters. Perhaps they can help.
>
>If possible could you post the pinout you got for the 3C. I got a
>pinout for the 3C2 and would like to compare.
>
>2) I can't believe I don't have this handy. Will look and post it
>later.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out later. Here is the tech
support email I recieved:

Dear user,

Need information about purchasing EPoX USB cables?
http://www.epox.com/support/general/faq-35.html

01 = Vcc
02 = MSDATA
03 = SBD0-
04 = MSCLK
05 = SBD0+
06 = GND
07 = GND
08 = NC
09 = Vcc
10 = Vcc
11 = SBD1-
12 = GND
13 = SBD1+
14 = GND
15 = GND
16 = GND

Using non-EPoX brand cables on the motherboard if not
properly
configured
may damage the motherboard. Use non-EPoX brand cables at
your own
risk.

Best Regards,
Technical Support
EPoX USA

How if I remember right the 58MVP3C's USB pin 9-18 were all ground
but I'd have to check again.

Knott Tellin

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:39:21 -0600, "dspeers" <stpa...@altamont.net>
wrote:

>Knott Tellin <ano...@apexmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I asked Epox Support for this info over ad over and
>> kept getting differnt answers. Can anyone here help?
>>
>> #1- Where do I get an USB adapter?
>
>Check out http://www.axiontech.com
>
>They sell Epox motherboards and list the usb cable as a $9.95 item.
>
>dave speers

Thanks! Its another site I'll check out. :)

Steve Burgess

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00

Knott Tellin wrote in message <3877bf64...@news.ilos.net>...

>Hello all,
>
> I asked Epox Support for this info over ad over and
>kept getting differnt answers. Can anyone here help?

>#2 - What are the pinouts for the AT (not ATX) power connector?

> Epox just flat out wouldn't answer that.

Standard AT format....
as you can use any at case

C'ya
Steve
remove x's to reply by mail
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/1524
ICQ 3839381
Running Intel Free

Gene Pool

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
Your pinout differs greatly from the 3C2. I'm going to trace the
wiring down on the MB with a scope and see if pins 4, 8-16 are ground.
If so I'll try the Belkin F3U001 by cutting pin 5 off of port one and
staggering the connector on port 2. I'll bet it works. More later.
Thanks!

4
On Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:42:39 GMT, ano...@apexmail.com (Knott Tellin)
wrote:

ski...@my-deja.com

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
I just found the USB adapter for the ep-mvp3c and
ep-mvp3c2 motherboars at the following sites.
The site is one of two listed on the Epox.com
site. http://www.computer123.com/

I still have not confirmed the pinout
configuration.

Skip

In article <3877bf64...@news.ilos.net>,

ano...@apexmail.com (Knott Tellin) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I asked Epox Support for this info over
ad over and
> kept getting differnt answers. Can anyone here
help?

> #1- Where do I get an USB adapter? The
suggested locations
> say they are only for the EP-58MVP3C
mainboard. I asked
> Epox if these were the same boards and
they warned me no
> to use non epox usb connector as it might
damage the mobo
> and void teh warranty. Then another email
said it could be
> used. I then asked for the USB pinout for
my mobo and found
> a 58MVP3C manual on one of their site and
the pinouts were
> VERY different. Has anyone gotten a USB
connector to work
> on their MPV3C (non 58) and if so where
did you get it?

> #2 - What are the pinouts for the AT (not ATX)
power connector?
> Epox just flat out wouldn't answer that.
>

> Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.