ASUS techsupport fucking sucks!!!

Doogie Howser

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
I have called ASUS Computer International several times, and left many
messages for them to call me over the past couple of weeks, and I have sent
them many email messages and still no fuk'n reply.. I am starting to wonder
if ASUS is in the business to please its customers, or are they in the
business to piss them off and take their money and run!! sigh..

I have a PL97 mainboard which I have installed Windows 98 on several times
bare on this machine and the AdvancedPowerManager under device manager keeps
saying "this device is not properly working".. Which fuk'n sucks because the
PL97 is an ATX board, and without the AdvancePowerManager working you can't
use to any of the powermanaging features..

Andrew English
Systems Admin
reBOOT Canada

Kiranto

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:51:30 -0400, "Doogie Howser" <kill...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

rite......fuck them.

Clark Curtiss

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
I think you need to expand your vocabulary to include some more
descriptive words( and hopefully less offensive!)

simonw

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Have you ever check the BIOS see if the PM feature is on? Never had the problem
on the one I saw.

Doogie Howser wrote:

> I have called ASUS Computer International several times, and left many
> messages for them to call me over the past couple of weeks, and I have sent
> them many email messages and still no fuk'n reply.. I am starting to wonder
> if ASUS is in the business to please its customers, or are they in the
> business to piss them off and take their money and run!! sigh..
>
> I have a PL97 mainboard which I have installed Windows 98 on several times
> bare on this machine and the AdvancedPowerManager under device manager keeps
> saying "this device is not properly working".. Which fuk'n sucks because the
> PL97 is an ATX board, and without the AdvancePowerManager working you can't
> use to any of the powermanaging features..

Imb9046412

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98

Why don't you take U out of ASUS and give them a pain!

rick

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
My dearest Mr. Howser:

This issue has been talked through in this group numerous times. To try and
be brief, ASUS almost exclusively sells to resellers, and does not normally
support end users. The person that you purchased your board from is your
'tech support". If you would kindly remove your head from your posterior
body cavity and just read this news group, and search through the archives,
you would probably find an answer to your question, which is poorly stated,
in rather bad taste, and shows your lack of seasoning and reflects badly on
your interpersonal skills.

My dear Doogie, your tripe is pointless, and your are offensive. I believe
that ASUS is among the best and brightest people on the planet in relation
to motherboard engineering and manufacture, and I for one daily appreciate
their devotion to quality. Read, Doogie, read. Study your craft, get better
and what you want to accomplish.

Quit your whining.

I do hope this helps.

rick

Gary Fox

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Go into the bios under power management, and change the first label from
disabled to user defined. Do not set any of the other settings in the bios.
When you reboot, your exclamation point should be gone.

Denny Salatino

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
<kill...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have called ASUS Computer International several times, and left many
>messages for them to call me over the past couple of weeks, and I have sent
>them many email messages and still no fuk'n reply.. I am starting to wonder
>if ASUS is in the business to please its customers, or are they in the
>business to piss them off and take their money and run!! sigh..

///SNIP///

>Andrew English
>Systems Admin
>reBOOT Canada

**************
If you use that kind of talk in your email, it's no wonder you don't
get a response from them.
I have had several questions answered through email to them and always
got my answer within 2 days. their techs have been very polite and
detailed in their answers. I have no problem with their support people
at all.
DS.

Badbri

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
Yes me too...... but maybe it due to our "tactfulness" or the fact
I am a reseller but the "polite attitude" is probably the way.
Had a great "Happy New Year" email from FIC R&D Taiwan last year too :)

Don Kelloway

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
Hmm, I wonder if there's any truth to the old saying "You can get attract
more bees with honey..." ?

--
For your protection, visit http://www.commodon.com/orifice.htm to learn
about the latest security threat to the Internet and if you reply to me

"It's just my $.02 - So you can either call me, or raise me a nickel..."

Don Kelloway, Commodon Communications®
My email - dkelloway(a)commodon(dot)com
My website - http://www.commodon.com
AOL IM (http://www.aol.com/aim) - DKelloway

Paul

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
thats why we have this newsgroup.

--
http://www.coastnet.com/home/dcc/

Joe Mansell

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
I use NT4 and turn all that stupid shit off!

Paul <d...@coastnet.com> wrote in article
<36046FBB...@coastnet.com>...

Cyclops

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
Good to see you guys have such good command of the English language.
Keep in mind that some of the users of this group are minors, and keep
your language appropriate, please.

Neil MacDonald

Fred Maxwell - No Spam E-mail Accepted

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
to Cyclops
Neil,

While you (or I) may not choose to use the same language that someone else
chooses to use, this is not the Barney & Friends newsgroup. I do not feel that
I should have to watch my language because someone else's kid may be on here. I
didn't produce the kid, I didn't stick him in front of the computer and it's not
my job to raise him or be a role model.

Furthermore, if you found the enclosed message to be shocking and offensive, you
would pass out if you heard the language used by the average 12 year old in
school.

Fred Maxwell

Frank Rytell

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
All your points are "interesting", but don't excuse simple boorish behavior
on your part.......!

Try respecting your correspondents instead of using gratuitous profanity to
demonstrate a limited mind trying to express itself.......!

FER

Fred Maxwell - No Spam E-mail Accepted wrote in message
<36091923...@erols.com>...

Fred Maxwell - No Spam E-mail Accepted

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
to Frank Rytell
Dear Mr. Rytell,

I did not, at any time during this discussion, use *any* profanity and I resent
your unfounded accusation that I did. I defy you to point to a single profane,
obscene, or vulgar word, phrase, or sentence that I wrote in my message. All of
the correspondence appears below (and appeared in your message).

If you want an example of boorish behavior, you need look no further than your
unjustified attack on me because I defended Andrew English's right to free
speech.

Regards,
Fred Maxwell

Peachy

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
Fred,
I think Frank was replying to Cyclops but posted it to your message without
thinking. :-)

Phil

Fred Maxwell - No Spam E-mail Accepted wrote in message

<360970A0...@erols.com>...

Fred Maxwell - No Spam E-mail Accepted

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
Phil,

Actually, I think he meant to reply to me but assumed that I wrote not only my
defense of free speech but also the original message (actually written by
Cyclops). Nonetheless, if he is going to publically accuse someone of being
"boorish" and using "gratuitous profanity", he ought to read more carefully
before hitting reply.

Regards,
Fred Maxwell

Paul

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Cyclops wrote:

> Keep in mind that some of the users of this group are minors, and keep
> your language appropriate, please.

Yeah, and lets not forget too quickly what alt means in

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

It isn't short for alternate ya know?
It's actually an acronym that stands for
anarchists, lunatics, and terrorists
(no kidding I'm not making this up!)
Some of us alt'ers are fairly rough
If you don't like that format you're
welcome to read the comp group or one
of the other newsgroup hierarchies.
Usually they support a bit milder a format
there. But no guarantees.

http://www.indyrad.iupui.edu/grov/cabal.html

Subject: Re: Cabal?
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.kooks, news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,
alt.conspiracy.usenet-cabal

I think that fluffy knows a bit of the story.

alt.usenet.kooks

Hmmm, sounds like a reasonable group to me!

---
It'll bend your mind, curve your spine, and keep the country from winning the
war!
-- George Carlin

whiti...@gmail.com

May 24, 2017, 6:23:10 PM5/24/17
I'm not doogie, but he is 100% correct!!!!! Tact just enables the next problem.... So be a good worker bee/servant and hold on to the whipping post?!... I think not your a moron with good little boy vocabulary?... congratulations on bending over and pleasing your master!!!!.... IDIOT!....

Shadow

Jun 27, 2017, 3:44:54 PM6/27/17
On Wed, 24 May 2017 15:23:08 -0700 (PDT), whiti...@gmail.com wrote:

I agree. I'm thinking of buying a new MB, preferably
compatible with XP, but I can't get any drivers pages to load to check
what they support.
They appear to have partnered with Google to track users, and
since I block most of Google's scripts I get sent back to the product
choice page.
I miss the old website.
[]'s
--