ABIT P5A and K6-3 450+

Wayne P. Parente

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Will this motherboard accept the 2 volt version of the K6-3. Thxs...
-Wayne

Steven D. Hoerman

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Maybe you should try the ABIT newsgroup, this is an ASUS newsgroup.

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit

"Wayne P. Parente" <wpp...@home.com> wrote in message

Wayne P. Parente

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
LOL, oppps. I ment the ASUS P5A
That settles it, I take care of too amny configurations :)
-Wayne
"Steven D. Hoerman" <tat...@g2a.net> wrote in message

Brian Brunner

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
"Steven D. Hoerman" wrote:

> Maybe you should try the ABIT newsgroup, this is an ASUS newsgroup.
>
> alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
>
> "Wayne P. Parente" <wpp...@home.com> wrote in message
> > Will this motherboard accept the 2 volt version of the K6-3. Thxs...
> > -Wayne

My P5A v1.04 with 1011 BIOS now sports a K6III+/450@550 (100MHzx5.5)
No problems so far, so I'm finding new things to change...

--
Name: Brian Brunner
Email: bbru...@lucent.com

Klein Bottle For Rent: Enquire Within.

William A. Rutledge

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
I'm trying to Find the 1011.002 beta BIOS to see if this K6-3 450+ chip
works, but I can't find it. I know there used to be a link from the bios
section of the asus website, but I was just there and didn't see. Anyone
know where else it might be or send it as a binary?

Will Rutledge

Brian Brunner <bbru...@lucent.com> wrote in message

Frank Mennig

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_7/ALI_Chipset/ALI_V/P5A/1011__0
2.zip

"William A. Rutledge" <w...@terastorage.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Craig Aronoff

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
I am waiting for my k6-3+ to arrive to upgrade my p5a.
Did you find the bios? I can email it to you if you like?

my bios is now 1011.002 beta. I am now only keeping my fingers crossed that
the k6-3+ will work.

Please post when you get it to work. By the way, I assume yours isn't
working with the old bios. Curious to see if new bios is needed or not.

Craig Aronoff

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_7/ALI_Chipset/ALI_V/P5A/

Found it!

"Frank Mennig" <frank....@t-online.de> wrote in message

Brian Brunner

Oct 24, 2000, 11:31:05 PM10/24/00

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:43:58 -0400, "Craig Aronoff" <mig...@videotron.ca>
wrote:

>I am waiting for my k6-3+ to arrive to upgrade my p5a.
>Did you find the bios? I can email it to you if you like?
>
>my bios is now 1011.002 beta. I am now only keeping my fingers crossed that
>the k6-3+ will work.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE VOLTAGE DOWN TO 2.0!

If you want to know why, I can mail you the useless keychainfob that *used* to
be a K6III+/450; I bought a second one, treated it right, and enjoy it all
night!

>Please post when you get it to work. By the way, I assume yours isn't
>working with the old bios. Curious to see if new bios is needed or not.
>

>"William A. Rutledge" <w...@terastorage.com> wrote in message

>> I'm trying to Find the 1011.002 beta BIOS to see if this K6-3 450+ chip
>> works, but I can't find it. I know there used to be a link from the bios
>> section of the asus website, but I was just there and didn't see. Anyone
>> know where else it might be or send it as a binary?
>>
>> Will Rutledge
>>

>> Brian Brunner <bbru...@lucent.com> wrote in message

>> > My P5A v1.04 with 1011 BIOS now sports a K6III+/450@550 (100MHzx5.5)
>> > No problems so far, so I'm finding new things to change...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Name: Brian Brunner
>> > Email: bbru...@lucent.com
>> >
>> > Klein Bottle For Rent: Enquire Within.

---
Brian Brunner ABML Brute Squad Badge #11 (Nuclear Ordinance Division)

911 - Gov't Sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
1911 - a gun in the hand > two cops on the phone.
Guns cause crime like pencils cause libel.
This is not a .sig, it's a .glock! *jeesh*

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Chocolate not found: Reboot Universe? [y/n][y]

roadrunner "at" madbbs "dot" com
bbrunner "at" lucent "dot" com
faceless_statistic "at" hotmail "dot" com