Does the CUV4X or P3V4X support ECC RAM?

net...@libero.it

Nov 30, 2000, 7:16:31 PM11/30/00
Does the CUV4X or P3V4X support ECC RAM?

Superslappy

Nov 30, 2000, 10:59:13 PM11/30/00
yes both do.

<net...@libero.it> wrote in message

Jim

Dec 2, 2000, 1:01:05 AM12/2/00
The CUV4X does not. The P3V4X does.

Jim

George Hiscox

Dec 2, 2000, 2:20:38 AM12/2/00

No offense, but this Tom's Hardware article says that the CUV4X *does*
support up to 1.5 GB of ECC SDRAM. The P3V4X also supports ECC.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/00q2/000614/ap133a-03.html

George

Jim

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
No offense taken, but when the CUV4X first came out, the asus.com web site
also said that the CUV4X supported ECC memory. Now, asus.com does not
mention ECC memory. The version of the bios I have for the CUV4X, 1006, does
not have a setting for ECC memory.

The P3V4X does support ECC ram with bios version 1005. In the
Advanced Menu under Chip Configuration, find Data Integrity Mode, just after
Memory Hole at 15M-16M. There you can set ECC memory.

Jim

"George Hiscox" <ghi...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

George Hiscox

Dec 7, 2000, 12:51:14 AM12/7/00
Okay, so I went out and bought one. It *does* "CHECK" ECC RAM upon
startup and there is a toggle for that in the CMOS setup. It *does
not* have the switch later on in the Chip Configuration.

I have had ZERO response from Asus after numerous emails. Those
people can't answer a simple question and don't even give you the
courtesy of an auto-response.

Now for another question; Will the P3V4X or CUV4X play at 1 GHz ?

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:19:12 -0500, "Jim" <satu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>No offense taken, but when the CUV4X first came out, the asus.com web site
>also said that the CUV4X supported ECC memory. Now, asus.com does not
>mention ECC memory. The version of the bios I have for the CUV4X, 1006, does
>not have a setting for ECC memory.
>
>The P3V4X does support ECC ram with bios version 1005. In the
>Advanced Menu under Chip Configuration, find Data Integrity Mode, just after
>Memory Hole at 15M-16M. There you can set ECC memory.
>
>Jim

Jim

Dec 8, 2000, 9:59:41 PM12/8/00
"George Hiscox" <cyberf...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Okay, so I went out and bought one. It *does* "CHECK" ECC RAM upon
> startup and there is a toggle for that in the CMOS setup. It *does
> not* have the switch later on in the Chip Configuration.
>
> I have had ZERO response from Asus after numerous emails. Those
> people can't answer a simple question and don't even give you the
> courtesy of an auto-response.
>
> Now for another question; Will the P3V4X or CUV4X play at 1 GHz ?

Where is the toggle in the CMOS to "CHECK" ECC RAM?

Thanks
Jim

a...@no-spam.ee.oulu.fi.understand_me?

Dec 11, 2000, 3:14:18 AM12/11/00
According to Jim <satu...@hotmail.com>:
: "George Hiscox" <cyberf...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Hmm, the toggle in BIOS Setup in Advanced section is for level 2
cache ... at least that's what I can found and to my knowledge it
has nothing to do with SDRAM on DIMM slots.

/ Ano Rutanen - a...@ee.oulu.fi / Zed's dead, baby. /
/_http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~ano___/_Butch_Coolidge_in_Pulp_Fiction/

Paladine

Dec 11, 2000, 12:20:44 PM12/11/00
CUV4X Motherboard will take the 1 Ghz P3 From what I have heard. The
highest I have seen personally is 933Mhz, but I am sure if you do some
snoopying on the net you will find out how to do it.

Paladine

<a...@NO-SPAM.ee.oulu.fi.UNDERSTAND_ME?> wrote in message

joseluis....@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2017, 2:48:51 PM6/2/17
Yes, the ASUS P3V4X supports until 4GB of ECC memory. The specifications about ASUS P3V4X aren't completed correct because it supports memory modules of 1GB so that you can upgrade it until 4GB not 2GB as described here. The operative system can manage 3GB because it needs to use some addresses for the hardware that's because I've been using 3 memory ECC modules of 1GB, total 3GB. The system works perfectly with Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and the latest BIOS upgrade 1006.004.