FFmpeg drops support for Windows XP

Shadow

Jun 7, 2015, 7:34:54 PM6/7/15

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20150525-git-8ce564e-win32-static.7z

Is the last version which works with XP. Grab it before M$
bribes them to take it down.

The builder altered a tiny call to _wfopen_s in msvcrt.dll to
make it incompatible with XP. No apologies, no reasons given, from one
build to the next, no more support.
Oh well, unless they change video conversion radically, this
version still works fine and will last a while. And the Linux build
will always work, of course. Another reason to drop Windows.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Shadow

Jun 12, 2015, 12:09:30 PM6/12/15
On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 20:34:00 -0300, Shadow <S...@dow.br> wrote:

>http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20150525-git-8ce564e-win32-static.7z
>
> Is the last version which works with XP. Grab it before M$
>bribes them to take it down.
>
> The builder altered a tiny call to _wfopen_s in msvcrt.dll to
>make it incompatible with XP. No apologies, no reasons given, from one
>build to the next, no more support.
> Oh well, unless they change video conversion radically, this
>version still works fine and will last a while. And the Linux build
>will always work, of course. Another reason to drop Windows.

Amazing. All it took was hundreds of views to the complaints
in the forum, and ffmpeg is again compatible with Win XP.
Hurray

Wildman

Jun 12, 2015, 12:39:08 PM6/12/15
How often does something like this happen with proprietary
software? Rhetorical... :-)

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!

Shadow

Jun 12, 2015, 1:25:40 PM6/12/15
I think the Win 8 interface answers your question....

JJ

Jun 13, 2015, 11:29:16 AM6/13/15
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:24:52 -0300, Shadow wrote:

> I think the Win 8 interface answers your question....
> []'s

More like NT6 influence than Win8 GUI.